Hardware Synths and Audio Interfaces...help

TelecasterBlues

• Members

I'm 100% completely new to synths and recording in general...I need some help. I'm looking to be able to seemlessly integrate a MicroKorg XL, Mini Nova, two Mackie studio monitors, and my laptop into a bit of a jam space/recording setup. 

If I bought something like the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6, is there a logical/beneficial way that I could connect both of my two hardware synths at the same time? I imagine that I would use the front XLR inputs for instruments/mics, then the mains out back for the studio monitors...that leaves one set of midi ports, a set of two balanced ins/outs, and the SPDIF jacks.

Would I be able to use the balanced ins/outs? Any thoughts on if this is possible to work as I would want it to? 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/native-instruments-komplete-audio-6

• Members

Yes, you can hook up both your synthesizers to that audio interface:

One synth to the front of the interface (inputs 1 & 2) using two 1/4-inch cables, making sure those 2 black knobs are set to "Line" (don't push them in).

One synth to the back of the interface (inputs 3 & 4) using the same type of cables.

If your monitors have balanced inputs, use balanced cables (TRS) to connect them to the back of the interface using the Main 1/2 balanced outputs.

Archived