Mackie DL16S mixer

WynnD

• Members

I've been using Mackie's DL1608 for five years. Just bought a DL16S mixer. Built like a stage box with only tablet controls. New version of Master Fader 5.x that will finally also run on an android tablet in addition to the iOS tablets that used to be the only control surface. I'm finding my mixer's version of WiFi to be wanting in a club setting so I using a cat 5 connection to the dual band Airport Express that I've been using for 5 years. The new mixer has 6 Groups, 6 VCAs, 6 mute groups, 6 view groups, 4 effect channels, 25 different effect choices..... It's a nice upgrade software wise. When Master Fader 5.1 is released, it will control all the Mackie DL mixers including the DL1608. Also, you will be able to use your Mac or Windows computer to control the mixer too. They're saying sometime early this year. We shall see. Mackie made a lot of nice changes to the software. I'm impressed and happy. There's a 32 channel version of this mixer too.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I had a behringer xr18air first and had to use separate wifi router, so I used same router with this mixer and older apple extreme and it works perfectly no connections issues . the layout is great and I use my ipad , iPhone to operate with out a hitch , waiting for mac software to come out . Compared to the Behringer this mixer is leaps and bounds ahead . The effects are great and easy to use unlike Behringer mixer.

Archived