HC Jam #5: Halloween Edition!!!

• Moderators

With Halloween nearly upon us, what backing track could be more appropriate than Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein"?!?!?

Without further ado...

Frankenstein backing: https://app.box.com/s/4df4fuvrno6s3e2qo11nujabd76lxgkq

And here's my take.... I completely winged it, having the song burned into my brain since an early age, but I did have to punch in once half-way through, having completely botched a landing :lol:

Red Ant: https://app.box.com/s/q0mooognxi4bh7imrr1dfb718fzvalyr

• Members
With Halloween nearly upon us, what backing track could be more appropriate than Edgar Winter's "Frankenstein"?!?!?

Without further ado...

Frankenstein backing: https://app.box.com/s/4df4fuvrno6s3e2qo11nujabd76lxgkq

And here's my take.... I completely winged it, having the song burned into my brain since an early age, but I did have to punch in once half-way through, having completely botched a landing :lol:

Red Ant: https://app.box.com/s/q0mooognxi4bh7imrr1dfb718fzvalyr

Ha! That brought a huge smile to my face. Love how that first solo gets going after you lay into the wang wheel! Great outside stuff at 1:17!! And where the keyboard solo goes to the end was over-the-top wanky awesomeness!!! :thu::D

• Moderators

Ha! That brought a huge smile to my face. Love how that first solo gets going after you lay into the wang wheel! Great outside stuff at 1:17!! And where the keyboard solo goes to the end was over-the-top wanky awesomeness!!! thu.gifbiggrin.gif

Yngwie sweeps lol.gif

Edited by Red Ant

• Members

I used to enjoy embarrassing "shredder" guitarists in the 80s... but of course back then my technique was fresh off 9 years of intensive study... and now, not so much :lol:

Hehe, and almost to the minute that I got my chops up to "shred" level, everyone started listening to stupid Kurt Cobain! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Anyway, here's mine. First take, but I did a a do-over on the keyboard solo part. The first one wasn't pretty!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hehe, and almost to the minute that I got my chops up to "shred" level, everyone started listening to stupid Kurt Cobain! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Anyway, here's mine. First take, but I did a a do-over on the keyboard solo part. The first one wasn't pretty!

All I can say is YES!!!!! That's some of the best playing I've heard from you all around!!! Just KILLER.

And you got the after-solo part right, starting from the ascending licks... ya b@stard! I just winged, haha :)

The 6/8 part is just freakin' INSANE.

• Members

All I can say is YES!!!!! That's some of the best playing I've heard from you all around!!! Just KILLER.

And you got the after-solo part right, starting from the ascending licks... ya b@stard! I just winged, haha :)

The 6/8 part is just freakin' INSANE.

Lolz, thanks man! :)

My band does this song as an encore a lot so I know the ascending lick pretty well. Although I never did bother to figure out the dimished-y lick after that. I usually just turn my volume down and move my fingers while whistling inconspicuously. I think the closest I've gotten it was on that take. :lol:

• Moderators

Lolz, thanks man! smile.png

My band does this song as an encore a lot so I know the ascending lick pretty well. Although I never did bother to figure out the dimished-y lick after that. I usually just turn my volume down and move my fingers while whistling inconspicuously. I think the closest I've gotten it was on that take. lol.gif

I figured you'd played through this tune a time or two wink.png

I have also, but not in a looooong time.

And my approach to that diminished lick is "it ends on a natural VI" :lol:

Edited by Red Ant