Wiring possible? 2 HB, 1 p/p Vol for parallel, 1 p/pTone for split

Samlc

• Members

Like it says in the title: I have 2 Humbuckers, i push-pull volume, 1 push pull tone (am not getting more mods like triple shots etc.). And I want to have the possibilities:

1. Toggle Volume to get parallel on both HBs

2. Toggle Tone to get coil split on both HBs

Note: The Seymour Duncan wiring page doesn't show this option. However, something similar is this:

https://guitarelectronics.com/2-humb...ries-parallel/

But, it say "tap" and not "split"; and "to access the series mode, the pickup selector switch must be in the neck position". Does it mean that in this setup the bridge and middle positions will never be in series?

Anyway, is this diagram suitable or is my project not possible at all?

• Members

Onelife is correct, however, humbuckers in parallel sound so close to single coil that I wouldn't bother with the split (or tapped) option at all. Humbuckers in parallel are still hum-cancelling.

The diagram in the link puts the neck and bridge pickups in series. Not sure how useful that'd be... I'm sure it's loud and rather mid-rangey.

Does it mean that in this setup the bridge and middle positions will never be in series?
Well no, because that diagram puts the two pickups in series with each other. You can't have two pickups in series if only one is selected. So that diagram doesn't match up with what you're wanting to do.

I would just go with series/parallel option for each pickup and use the 3-way pickup switch with master volume and tone.

• Members

I would just go with series/parallel option for each pickup and use the 3-way pickup switch with master volume and tone.

That would be my choice too. I would expect some interesting sounds to be available with both pickups on while experimenting with different settings of the two series/parallel switches.

Archived