How do I fix this guitar

Guest Guest

Somebody told me if I get the Blue Loctite from the store I could fix my buzzing saddle screws. They buzz really bad now I just don't know exactly how to use or where to put the loctite. If somebody could walk me step by step how to do this I would appreciate it. I'm sure it's easy, I just want to do it right and not mess up my guitar

b6980a2df7776dd680939eb2c28861c6.thumb.jpg.6dda29b065c2cba7e07ed4b713f23e4c.jpg

c584d224e4aa0de5a810009c0996e544.thumb.jpg.31935eae6d8e2bbf79cb1dbf1b3bbecd.jpg

da7ec7a1848878979ba3fcd319df9ec1.thumb.jpg.e17b47b19aa00a67aaf9a6f3c588d58f.jpg

In most cases' date=' the way to use Loctite is to put it on the threads of the screw, then screw it in.[/quote']

So your saying all I do is unscrew the saddle screws, apply blue loctite to the threads, and screw them back in? I sound pretty stupid asking that question know if it's that easysmiley-embbarrassed

• Members

Blue Loctite is a medium strength threadlocker. It's formulated to be adequate for retaining hardware but not so strong as to prevent that hardware from being removed later, if necessary. If the screws are simply buzzing you might be able to just use bees wax instead of a Loctite product. Rubbing the block of bees wax onto the threads of the screws will fill them and perform the same function you're looking to use the Loctite for. Bees wax is much easier to remove than old threadlocking compound, too.

• Moderators

So your saying all I do is unscrew the saddle screws, apply blue loctite to the threads, and screw them back in? I sound pretty stupid asking that question know if it's that easysmiley-embbarrassed

Yup, that's what I'm saying. :)

Blue Loctite is a medium strength threadlocker. It's formulated to be adequate for retaining hardware but not so strong as to prevent that hardware from being removed later' date=' if necessary. If the screws are simply buzzing you might be able to just use bees wax instead of a Loctite product. Rubbing the block of bees wax onto the threads of the screws will fill them and perform the same function you're looking to use the Loctite for. Bees wax is much easier to remove than old threadlocking compound, too.[/quote']

What is beeswax and where do I get it from? So will loctite or beeswax work better for the buzzing

• Moderators

What is beeswax? Are you serious? You've heard of honey, right? And honeycombs?

Okay, enough snark. Beeswax is usually available anywhere candlemaking supplies are sold. Seems as though paraffin would also work, but maybe beeswax would be better for the buzzing... (sorry, couldn't resist)

Archived