Looking for Wilkinson VS-100 tremolo parts is .... HELL !!!!

• Members

I bought two Wilkinson VS-100 tremolos over twelve years ago, love those systems. Get locking tuners, a rolling bridge, set the intonation and you're set.

I got them because I wanted to keep my Strats as traditional as possible, because I have other guitars with Floyd Rose's ( which are great too).

Does anyone in this forum know where to get spare parts for them ?

One bad thing, the tremolo arm retainer that attaches to the bottom of the base plate has gotten lose and is making some noise .... getting spare parts for the Wilkinson VS-100 is HELL !!!!

• Members

Best bet is to keep trolling EBay for a used one you can scavenge parts from. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/wilkinson-vs100# Or you could just spring for a new one.

I have had success with some trem arm mounts epoxying them into place. I fixed up my buddies Jackson recently. I Bought a new arm and mount which fits through the plate and has a nut on the bottom to hold it in place. While I was waiting for it to show up I epoxied the old one in place and epoxied over the loose nut. Dam if the thing didn't hold up. I gave him the new arm when it showed up and told him I'd put it in if and when the old one failed. I couldn't get the epoxy to loosen even with maximum dive bombing so I guess he's good for awhile and has the backup for the future.

• Members

Its essentially looking for a spare part for a part. They do sell the entire unit which is a part. The individual pieces have to either be provided by the manufacturer or the bridges need to be popular enough to have generic companies step in to make the individual parts available.

Floyd's and Fender bridges have been around a long time so either the manufacturer or a generic company has found it profitable to sell the parts. Fender guitars for example have become over saturated. A replica only costs $10 these days that includes all the springs and the arm. They are even made as well made as the original. But those bridges have been on guitars for nearly 65 years.

The fact is the VS 100 hasn't been around that long and/or isn't as popular as other bridges. It may have been sold on enough factory guitars to make the entire bridge available, but not popular enough to make the parts available.

You should be glad the entire units available. There are many unique bridges for popular guitars where you cant even find the entire bridge. Last time I bought a replacement for my Epiphone Dot, I had a hell of a time finding one, and paid top dollar to get it. When you only have one source you have to pay what they want for it or go without.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived