2x12 Slant Cab build!

theDogger

• Members

So I bought a Blackstar HT-5 Metal and wanted to a cab to fit the head. So I already had some materials left over from a 4x12 (4x12 build )

So bought a sheet of Baltic Birch and got started. So started to look at all the 2x12's that Mesa, Blackstar and other build for the dimension.

So in Google Sketchup I drew the plan up and got to work. Her are some pics. Not quite finished yet as I am waiting for some WGS speakers, 1-Green Baretta 8-Ohms and 1-HM-75 8-Ohms. They should be here tomorrow.

Tools:

Router & Table

Flush trim bit

1/2 Round Over Bit

Jasper Circle Jig Model 200

Table Saw

Jigsaw

Various Clamps

Jointed with 2" Dowels and Gorilla glue.

3/4" Voidless Baltic Birch

Oak for baffle joint and branching

Dimensions:

Outside 30"h x 16"w x 11 3/8" l (top) 11 degree slant x 14.5 l (bottom)

All parts ordered from jam4jaudio on eBay

Mesa Soft leather Corners and Tacks

DAP-Weldwood Contact Adhesive - 1 pint

Assorted Chip Brushes

Foam 6" rollers

Hard wood roller

Heat Gun

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

recessed the handles like the Mesa's

cab4.jpg

Fun build so far can't wait to hear it!

theDogger

• Members
That's looking good. Works with the shorter head. If I built one I'd have to make it a little wider to fit a standard head width.

Well for a full size head you would have to some what consider he volume of the box and the 2 speakers used.

theDogger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Thanks...let me run something buy you guys. I have been kicking this around for sometime and I think that it can work it done right. In my spare time when I am not screwing around I develop websites.

To do something that goes hand and hand with my hobby I have already mocked up in sketchup plans on several 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12 all based on actual measurement of Mesa, Marshall and Orange to name a few.

Basically this will be a site to download guitar cab plans with all dimension and cut sheets that are basically knock off of all major brands so you can build an exact replica to suite your tastes and save a ton of money and learn a skill.

So what I am trying to figure out is I want to be rewarded for my efforts and time. So charge a say $10.00 per download of plans and eventually put kits together of all the hardware and sell the entire kits and plans for "X" amount.

Is there a market?

Also jsut finished a 2x12 that I'll post some pics

Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Looking for some help on my next build. I want to build a Mesa rectifier replica. I basic measurements but what I am looking for is pics of the inside and of the front baffle with out the grill on it. I know that Mesa builds the front baffles different than the Marshall's Would appreciate the help. I will mock it up in Sketchup and then post the plans and the final build.

thanks

theDogger

Archived