Having a problem with an acoustic preamp...

M.Anderson

• Members

I had an issue with a Fishman Classic 4T Blend preamp where it wouldn't get any sound unless the tuner button was pressed in slightly, but the sound would quit the second I released the button. I have just replaced the preamp with a new preamp of the same model, and now I only get sound when the tuner is turned on, the preamp volume is turned up 3/4 and the amp volume turned up louder. Otherwise, I get no sound. The tuner functions fine and there is no change in volume when I turn the mic volume off. Totally stumped, tried to wire the jack different ways, even tried another jack. Any ideas?

• Members

You're having the same issue with both units?

Sounds like the switch is defective. The switch if anything should mute the sound when turning the tuner on. Maybe the output is connected to the wrong place?

The only suggestion I have is to use some lubricating contact cleaner on the switch like deoxit pot cleaner.

Other then that contact the Manufacturer, They should have a detailed connection schematic http://www.fishman.com/support

• Members

Same issue with both units. I did try lubricating contact cleaner on the first unit with poor results. The new unit that Fishman had sent was missing a couple contact parts that I had to transfer over from the old one, but should not have effected the switch. Everything I had to attach has been attached to the same spots as the old unit, and I made sure by labeling wires and transferring wires/components one by one.

Next step is to contact Fishman, I guess. Thank you for your help.

Archived