My DIY pedalboard...

the_big_e

• Members

That works. What you might want to do is use some 3M spray on glue and apply a piece of automobile type carpet on it. The Velcro sticks to it great without having to also tack a Velcro strip onto the board. This makes it simple to swap pedals around when you want.

I built mine a little differently. Instead of it being hollow, I made a shelf for the back row and its high enough to place the power strip and wall warts under it. I found the shelf for the second row is allot easier then stepping over the front row to get to the back.

That particular board is for studio use only however. Its loaded with too many pedals to be a good mobile board. I'd need something like this to fit those pedals. http://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect-pedal-case-id-32x16x6-3-8-ply-factory-closeout-sale/ I like having a cover because pedals will get screwed up and the settings change with an open design. Right now for gigs I just use a small pedal case I've had for many years. It will fit up to 6 Boss sized pedals fine and the lid is removable. I like it because I can stick it inside the open backed 4X10 combo I have and have less items to carry when I play out.

• Members

I thought about building a step but decided to keep it simple, plus there's not that much on the board. The top pedal is just my vocal unit and I hardly touch it, it's just there mainly for a little reverb on my voice most of the time and I've found I can tap it fine anyway because of the slope of the board.

The 3 button switch controls the loop pedal in the middle but I found it was pretty much impossible to by a short (like 12 inch) stereo patch cable with right angle connectos so for now I'm using a regular one I had with straight connectors but it does push the pedal apart. I've just got the connectors and some cable to make one up of my own though. It does not really matter that much with so little on the board but it will annoy me less!

This is my 'guitar':

KeytarOnStand.JPG

• Members
. I've just got the connectors and some cable to make one up of my own though. It does not really matter that much with so little on the board but it will annoy me less!

:

Don't be annoyed, here are a bunch of soldering tutorials. Practice a bit, then make the perfect connecting cable!

• Members

That works. What you might want to do is use some 3M spray on glue and apply a piece of automobile type carpet on it. The Velcro sticks to it great without having to also tack a Velcro strip onto the board. This makes it simple to swap pedals around when you want.

I did the same thing with my board. I went to Lowes (local hardware store) and bought industrial indoor/outdoor carpet and spray glued it the wood. Works great and I can move pedals around where ever I want.

Archived