Cleaning the Fretboard

AMZ-FX

• Members

ok, i have posted the following process many times on other instrument forums and never get a response but,

scotts' liquid gold is what i use on my strings as well as my fretboard. my bass and every bass i have ever had loves this stuff! never had a problem w/ it.

any comments?

• Moderators

My only concern with vaseline is that if you are playing outside on a hot day, the stuff in the pores may melt and get on your hands. Ever experienced that?

As to Scott's Liquid Gold, the aerosol version is not recommended as it contains a lot of water. I've not tried the liquid version so I'm not sure about it.

regards, Jack

• Members

Originally posted by AMZ-FX

My only concern with vaseline is that if you are playing outside on a hot day, the stuff in the pores may melt and get on your hands. Ever experienced that?

As to Scott's Liquid Gold, the aerosol version is not recommended as it contains a lot of water. I've not tried the liquid version so I'm not sure about it.

regards, Jack

nope, never had any issues with that. I'm pretty good at making sure it's all gone, even on a porous fingerboard.

Pete

Archived