DOD FLASHBACK FUZZ BATTERY SNAP

wikwox

• Members

I have DOD Flashback Fuzz pedal, it works well but the previous owner cutoff the battery snap connector. I have a few pictures, one wire seems to be still connected but I have no clue where the black wire would go. Any help appreciated.

• Members

I couldn't tell anything from those pics. It would help if you pointed out where the wire is that's still connected. Assuming that the connected wire is the 9V hot, I would look close around that connection point to see if something has been desoldered from the board. Appears to be one unused hole in the plug at upper right. Is the still connected wire going into that plug?

• Members

I have DOD Flashback Fuzz pedal, it works well but the previous owner cutoff the battery snap connector. I have a few pictures, one wire seems to be still connected but I have no clue where the black wire would go. Any help appreciated.

The black wire is ground, so im assuming any ground point?

• Members

The adaptor jack should have a negative center pin and a positive sleeve.

The power is going to be switched through both the adaptor jack and the guitar input jack. I cant tell by the photos but my best guess is the red wire will go directly to the third leg of the adaptor jack first. This way when you unplug the jack the battery is connected.

The ground would be the same connection that comes from the center of the adaptor jack to the board.

• Members

There are no obvious de-soldered or cut connections except for the the plug at the back which has places for 5 wires but only 3 connected, one of which is the "loose" red wire. There are wires in the remaining positions on the plug cut very short. One white, one seems to be gray. The adapter do's trace back to this plug. Something was soldered to one of the lugs on the input jack. I was hoping someone had this pedal or a similar DOD and was familiar with where the snap was attached.

• Members

No guarantees, but here's the *most likely* way the battery snap is wired. Like someone else said, the positive (red) lead off the battery snap should go to the power adapter jack. The black (negative) lead off the battery snap should go to the "ring" terminal on the pedal's input jack. This is how the battery is disconnected when you unplug from the input; when you plug in a standard mono guitar cord, the metal sleeve on the plug connects the battery negative to the pedal's electrical ground, allowing current to flow.

If it's any help, a schematic for your pedal is available at schematicheaven dot com...

Archived