No announcement yet.

Time based plugin effects...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time based plugin effects...

So, what are you all using for reverb and delay plugins? I’ve been working on evaluating Eventide’s SP2016 Reverb plug-in and I’m loving it, but thinking about it set me off on a tangent, and thus we end up with this thread....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

The Waves Manny Marroquin reverb is surprisingly useable.

​​​​​​Waves Enigma. I've always liked what it does

Massey TD5. Stephen Massey makes good sounding plugins. The TD5 is kinda cool. Not a huge amount of parameters, but you can automate them for special effects without the sound getting glitchy. Sweep the delay time needle for a cool effect.

Nothing fancy here
    Last edited by gubu; 12-06-2018, 11:13 AM.
    flip the phase

Comment

Do time-based effects go before or after distortion?

(kidding)

Comment

I just upgraded to all the latest Soundtoys plug-ins and the delays and plate reverb are pretty great. The guy who owns Soundtoys is ex-Eventide. I was using Softube's TSAR for a while, but it was too power hungry for my CPU. I have since swapped out the CPU on my Mac Pro and I'll give it another shot, though I'm no longer licensed to use the latest version.

On PT specifically I tend to use Revibe for vanilla algorithmic reverb needs and Space for convolution reverb.

Comment

Reverb : UAD EMT 140 for plates. Relab 480L for Lexicon stuff. Audio Damage EOS and Vallhalla Vintageverb for big spaces.
          Delay : I have a bunch but mostly use the free one from Native Instruments.
          Last edited by Alndln3; 12-06-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
            So, what are you all using for reverb and delay plugins? I’ve been working on evaluating Eventide’s SP2016 Reverb plug-in and I’m loving it, but thinking about it set me off on a tangent, and thus we end up with this thread....
            Verb-wise, I pretty much use the UAD EMT140 exclusively - usually several instances of it with different settings. The UAD Lexicon isn't bad, not is the EMT250, but the 140 is IT for me - the perfect representation of the perfect plate.

I have the Lexicon suite as well, which I will go to for delay sometimes. You'll be shocked at this, but my favorite delay plugins are the delays inside Guitar Rig.
            Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Verb-wise, I pretty much use the UAD EMT140 exclusively - usually several instances of it with different settings. The UAD Lexicon isn't bad,
              Which one - the 224 or the 480L?

nor is the EMT250, but the 140 is IT for me - the perfect representation of the perfect plate.
              The EMT250 is really a bit of a quirky oddball (understandable, considering it was the earliest digital reverb), but I've always liked it.

The U/A UAD-2 EMT140 is an awesome plate IMO.

I have the Lexicon suite as well, which I will go to for delay sometimes. You'll be shocked at this, but my favorite delay plugins are the delays inside Guitar Rig.
              Really? I'll have to try to check them out sometime. I don't own a copy of Guitar Rig and really don't have much experience with it...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
              - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
              - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
              - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by erok123 View Post
                Do time-based effects go before or after distortion?

(kidding)

Outside the box, I've actually found that delay before an overdriven plexi is heavenly. You have to keep the delay volume down real low, and it'll come out clean and compressed... Maybe this only works with chorusy Eventide delay though.
                My band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                my stage stuff:
                fender jimmie vaughan strat, korg dt-10, ts-9, keeley rat, thoroughly modded big muff, 4ms tremulus lune, eventide timefactor running stereo to a traynor bassmaster (w hotplate) and a fender HRD. Everything ('cept the TimeFactor and dt-10) is modded, with much help from folks at Harmony Central. Thanks everybody!

Comment

Working...
                X