No announcement yet.

Police photos of the Paisley Park studios, tape vault, and more

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockViolin View Post

I just saw something on the news last night about a pharmaceutical company being held to account (guilty) for providing kickbacks to docs that prescribed their opioids. I think that it needs to start there.
    I think it actually starts with Doctors. My son had his wisdom teeth pulled recently and the Doctor was very quick to write out a prescription for him that had some opiod in it. My wife freaked out and refused to take the prescription. The Doctor said it was the weekend and he would not be in so "just in case". I guess I can understand that reasoning but I think we as a society are better off taking some Advil before we start to prescribe opioids immediately.

And obviously, there are plenty of stories where Doctors are getting some kickback from pharmaceuticals. Those companies and doctors need to be shown the door ASAP... I'm talking about shutting them down for good and imprisonment.

Hopefully Prince`s death will continue to raise awareness but I'm a bit jaded at this point and it feels like big money wins at the end of the day.

Comment

Paisley Park the song

official video?

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

I think it actually starts with Doctors. My son had his wisdom teeth pulled recently and the Doctor was very quick to write out a prescription for him that had some opiod in it. My wife freaked out and refused to take the prescription. The Doctor said it was the weekend and he would not be in so "just in case". I guess I can understand that reasoning but I think we as a society are better off taking some Advil before we start to prescribe opioids immediately.

And obviously, there are plenty of stories where Doctors are getting some kickback from pharmaceuticals. Those companies and doctors need to be shown the door ASAP... I'm talking about shutting them down for good and imprisonment.

Hopefully Prince`s death will continue to raise awareness but I'm a bit jaded at this point and it feels like big money wins at the end of the day.
        I do too. My comment perhaps did not get the tail onto the donkey. I guess, having been through it, I find the entire system suspect.

And I have less faith than you about some additional awareness from Prince's death making any difference. The awareness was/is there. It says watch out for the counterfeit stuff as much as anything else. And I can't imagine there are many that don't know by now that opiates are addictive.

I saw some news program, it might have been 20/20. The first half was about what happened to Prince, and the second half was about some guy who had some kind of pill press and was making pills of all kinds out of his garage, including opioid pills laced with fentanyl.

The situation may improve. I hope it does. And it certainly would be desirable for Prince's untimely death to count for something more than a windfall for somebody.

Comment

Working...
        X