Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another studio closes - this time, it's the house that Creedence built...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another studio closes - this time, it's the house that Creedence built...

That's right - the building that houses legendary bay-area recording facility Fantasy Studios has been sold, and the studios will be closing as of September 15.

https://www.audiomediainternational....lose-its-doors

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Sad. :-( CCR was the first rock band I liked, and I jumped from there straight into Led Zeppelin.
    ---
    Jim
    Keys: Roland Jupiter-50, JX-8P; Alesis QS8.1; Korg DW-8000, Mini-Korg (original); Moog ConcertMate; Farfisa Compact Deluxe. And other assorted stuff.

Comment

The halcyon days of studios has come and gone I guess...Unless you're a megawatt artist.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
        The halcyon days of studios has come and gone I guess...Unless you're a megawatt artist.
        And a lot of them have private studios that they set up in their own homes.

The home recording revolution is the #1 reason for the decline in commercial studios.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
        - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

And a lot of them have private studios that they set up in their own homes.

The home recording revolution is the #1 reason for the decline in commercial studios.
          Well...It is what it is....Progress can be a bitch sometimes. As the Automobile became more popular, more blacksmiths whose business was heavily reliant on horseshoes went under as well. I'm sure there were poignant, nostalgic moments in towns remembering the blacksmith and livery shops that were once prevalent. As well as the same for the small towns that died when the Interstates passed them by.

20 years from now, the 20 somethings of that day will not even know what a recording studio even was.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
            20 years from now, the 20 somethings of that day will not even know what a recording studio even was.
            That makes me feel really sad for them.

- George Carlin

Comment

Hopefully in time, Live Nations, Pay Per Play and Corporate ran Radio Stations will die out like Mtv .... so live music can be reborn again with out nepotism, politics and Corporate suits ( Record Companies ) killing music itself.
              I guess studios will be a thing of the past too.
              How many guitarists does it take to screw in a lightbulb ? Five , one to screw it in , hit the switch and four to sit around bragging how much better they could have done it !!!! 😱👹😲

Comment

Working...
              X