Favorite/best VSTi's

• Members

Whaddya got? I'm esp curious about anyone who's used and/or heard some of the top strings and brass ones, like East/West, Vienna, Session etc.

I'm still in freebie land but felt that DSK Guitar and Neo Piano (aka Piano 1) are quite good. PS this is "real" instruments I'm talking about, not electro-synth stuff :)

I normally don't use VSTi's - the virtual instrument plugins I use are mainly in AAX format, although I'm sure that some of them are available in VST form too.

I really like Velvet 2 a lot, as well as all of the AIR VI's - for Wurli and Rhodes sounds, it's unbeatable IMO. I also like the East/West samples too - they definitely know how to make good sounding sample-based virtual instruments.

Are there any specific types of VI's / sounds you're looking for?

• Members

Thx - I should have said "virtual instuments" I guess, not keying on any one format. Again interested in samples/simulations of real instruments, i.e. brass, strings, and woodwind, generally. Looking at a purchase down the road and none of the top-rated ones are cheap so just interested in experiences and opinions about which are preferred and why...though to be honest I suspect the diff's between them are minimal.

Archived