The next BIG thing in USB mics?

You can take that two different ways, and both apply to the Samson G-Track Pro - it's physically large, and it has something else that sets it apart from many other USB mics. To find out what, you'll need to click on the link and read the review...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"g-track-pro-main-ecb891a4.jpg","data-attachmentid":32211026}[/ATTACH]

http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/samson-g-track-pro-usb-microphone-and-audio-interface

And as always, if you have any questions or comments about the mic or the review, please feel free to post them here. :wave:

• Members

Good review Phil. being as I have a interface right next to me, I'm not really in the market for a USB mike. But I could see where if you out in the field recording with your laptop or I pad the simplicity of the USB connection could be a big plus.

Glad we have Pros like you around to put this new stuff through the paces for us.

:staticphil:

• Members

Wow an AI built into a mic, interesting, gives you a LOT for a mere $150. It does seem to do a bit of trying to be many things to many people, and I question the quality of the AI, but it could be a great mobile choice (yes it's a big mic but still much smaller and more convenient than most any mic plus an AI).

Yeah, the sheer size and weight of it make it less attractive as a mobile recording tool than a smaller USB mic would be, but it does have the built-in interface capabilities. The added interface is nice to have and sounds pretty decent too. Of course it's a mono line in only, so it's not going to work as your only interface if you need to record stereo sources or the stereo output from a drum machine, but if you need to track a direct from your bass and you want to mic up the amp too, it works great for that.

Archived