Pro Tools missing from my 003!

• Members

So I recently bought the 003 control surface off of eBay, and even though the seller said it was NIB the software disk for Pro Tools was missing! It does look brand new, not even a speck of dust or a finger print on it, but somebody oppened it and took just the Pro Tools 8.0 Disk out. I was told by the seller (and read the same thing looking at other eBay auctions) that the software can be downloaded directly from Pro Tools. I can't seem to find it anywhere though. The only thing I can find is the update to 8.0, but to use it you have to have the original already installed.

Does anyone know where I can download the original install files for 8.0 at? I do have the licencing key that is in the instrucion manual and the USB dongle.

• Members

Cool that you got it up and running. Not sure what your system specs are, but they are up to version 8.0.4 for PTLE. Also PTLE 8.0 is a full installer. No previous version is necessary. However all the 8.0.x versions do require a previous version. Also take the time to register both your hardware and your software. It will allow you to be eligible for any updates they may release in the future.

Seller sounds like a {censored}. You can't just download from avid unless he fills out a transfer of ownership.

But anyhow, awesome that you got it sorted!

Unless he never registered it to begin with. If he didn't, he might be able to register it with Avid directly. since they probably wouldn't have it in their system already. :idk:

• Members

Unless he never registered it to begin with. If he didn't, he might be able to register it with Avid directly. since they probably wouldn't have it in their system already.
:idk:

This was my assumptions since the OP says the registration code worked. I assumed he has the registration card. Just needs to register it on the web. ;)

Unless I'm terribly mistaken.

• Members

This was my assumptions since the OP says the registration code worked. I assumed he has the registration card. Just needs to register it on the web.
;)

Unless I'm terribly mistaken.

The disk I got actually had an activation code with it but given it was on a burnt DVD I'm 100% sure it is a bootlegged activation code. So I used the install file from the DVD with the activation code in the instruction manual that came with my 003. I also registered it with the numbers on the registration card that came with the 003.

The setup and activation worked. I haven't tried the ilock yet though.

• Members

If theres one thing I would NEVER use bootleg anything for , its Pro Tools. Theres too much that can go wrong . Avid is fantastic at finding ways to make sure your stuff is legit. Ive done my fair share of downloading , but everything involving my recording is on the up and up.

Archived