quick studio update

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

Wow, that little iso booth looks like it turned out really nice! How does it sound in there now?

Care to tell / show us how you assembled the traps?
:)

thanks

the room sounds ok...pretty good actually....i'm using reverb to add a touch of space.... obviously it's not a perfect scenario, but i had to work with the space i had... i'm  happy with how it turned out...the room is 2 mtrs X 3.5 mtrs

i pretty much build my bass traps like this

we don't have owens corning easily available here in australia, so i use a product called tontine acoustisorb 3

• Members

ChadGrieser1979 wrote:

i remember that thread from back when. it sure looks pretty nice in there. wish i was that handy at building stuff.

it's really not that hard... you just do a bit of research and take your time ... i had a friend help with the wall and plastering (took us less than a day)....i did everything else myself... it was a piece of cake to be honest

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

so i've decided i want to get some diffusion happening in my little booth... at least on the back wall

i'm thinking of building a couple of skyline diffusers using this method

http://www.pmerecords.com/Diffusor.cfm

i'd take some pics along the way and post them here

if anyone has any thoughts on the pros/cons or any better ideas i'd love for you to chime in

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Those diffusers intrigue me because apparently they paid an astronomical amount for it and it was firing strips glued to plywood in a seemingly random pattern. After research it's definitely not random but still fairly simple. I have wanted to build one but I don't have any need for it.

• Members
Those diffusers intrigue me because apparently they paid an astronomical amount for it and it was firing strips glued to plywood in a seemingly random pattern. After research it's definitely not random but still fairly simple. I have wanted to build one but I don't have any need for it.

i may still get one for my booth... the thing that has stopped me is i'm not sure if the size warrants it

Archived