Wow, Skynyrd in Oakland

redEL34

• Moderators

Have you seen the '76 Knebworth show on youtube? The whole gig is absolute fire. I'm not the hugest LS fan, but that show is really worth a watch.

I can't do Freebird though... have to skip it.

This sh*t right here is killin' though... Steve Gaines is almost Duane-like.

[video=youtube;SY63KTMrkTM]

• Members
Have you seen the '76 Knebworth show on youtube? The whole gig is absolute fire. I'm not the hugest LS fan, but that show is really worth a watch.

Watching.."don`t let that flag hit the ground"..

• Members

Yeah, I love that. Almost everyone I interact with are either Miles Davis or Classical aficionados. Miles Davis didn`t do much in his later on.."Merp". I appreciate Steve and his classical sense, but I can`t relate to it much. I try, and he tries to talk to me about it..uhuh..uhuh..I can`t even read music like he does.I`m just a lowly, mostly self taught person. Not much to brag about.

• Moderators

Yeah, I love that. Almost everyone I interact with are either Miles Davis or Classical aficionados. Miles Davis didn`t do much in his later on.."Merp". I appreciate Steve and his classical sense, but I can`t relate to it much. I try, and he tries to talk to me about it..uhuh..uhuh..I can`t even read music like he does.I`m just a lowly, mostly self taught person. Not much to brag about.

Apparently, I don't speak alcohol, cause I have no idea what any of the above has to do with Skynyrd :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

That some deep schitt there. What it means I don't have a fargin clue. Rehab is covered by most insurance plans and they have wifi. You should check it out.

• Members

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t479.7 KB ID:\t32551589","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32551589","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH] Those Day on the Green shows at the Oakland Coliseum were the sh*t.

Went to several of those when I was a kid in the 70s

Tickets were $11.

• Moderators
First outdoor big name concert I attended featured L.S. and ZZ Top as the headliner on their "World Wide Texas Tour" in 1976.

While I think LS had their moments, I genuinely love the snot out of ZZ Top... everything from the 1st album right up to Eliminator is pure greasy, bluesy, funky Texas greatness.

• Moderators
Frampton claims he's retiring' date=' due to health issues now.[/quote']

He has a degenerative muscle disease that will soon make it impossible for him to play guitar :cry:

Framton is an absolute sweetheart of a human being, a helluva rock guitarist and a pretty dang decent songwriter. I'm a huge Humble Pie fan, in particular.

• Members

While I think LS had their moments, I genuinely love the snot out of ZZ Top... everything from the 1st album right up to Eliminator is pure greasy, bluesy, funky Texas greatness.

LS- very few moments.

ZZ Top goes to the mountain top and delivers the goods every time.

Here's the only Skynyrd tune I can listen to and actually enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;y2HRrjpiM7Y]

• Moderators

LS- very few moments.

ZZ Top goes to the mountain top and delivers the goods every time.

Here's the only Skynyrd tune I can listen to and actually enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;y2HRrjpiM7Y]

This, Three Steps, T for Texas, The Breeze... they're all basically the same tune, but I like the tune :D

• Members

This, Three Steps, T for Texas, The Breeze... they're all basically the same tune, but I like the tune :D

The Breeze is a great tune. I remember the guy who wrote it died a few years ago. He was either local or regional because it was on the news. Apparently a lot of "other people" wrote those songs.

Archived