Has anyone else tried to register at the new SSS?

Ikthus

• CMS Author
I don't mean log in. I mean register from scratch. It would appear to be impossible.

Things are still a little rocky over there. I tried to register and it told me my user name was already in use. OK, so I recalled that I used to be registered on a previous version of that forum, so I tried logging in with my "already used" name and every password that I might have used and nothing worked. When I tried using the "password reset" that was supposed to send me an e-mail with a temporary password, it took several hours for the e-mail to arrive and even though I tried using it within the 24 hours that it was supposed to be valid, I got the "wrong password" response. After several rounds of this, I finally one that worked and I was able to log in.

In the meantime, I used the Contact form and explained the problem, and got a next-day reply from Jim Quinn, the administrator, who offered to manually change my password and said he'd look into the problem.

Craig's explanation is plausible, but it's certainly the wrong error message for the problem. If it responded to "Please check the box that you agree with the terms of service" then I would have asked "Hey! Where's that?"

I trust it will get sorted out soon. See you there.

Archived