As Dendy Said - Sometimes Change is Good

Anderton

• Members

As you may have noticed, I've haven't been participating much around here lately, for a variety of reasons. However, there have been some changes in "forum world." The Musicplayer.com forums, where SSS went after being booted off AOL for being too successful (long story), have been acquired by Dave Bryce, who has kept the Keyboard Corner forum alive over there while pretty much everything else atrophied. In addition to the forums, Dave owns the domain name and the content. He's invited me to pick up SSS where it left off before I went over to Harmony Central, after the people who had acquired the Musicplayer forums (along with the associated magazines, like EQ, Guitar Player, Keyboard, etc.) didn't really want to pursue forums any more.

Future Music bought those magazines a while ago, and the forums were part of the deal. But with a display of Doing the Right Thing so rare in today's corporate world, they recognized the tremendous effort that had been put in over the year by Dave and the Keyboard Corner community, and let him have Musicplayer.com. So, major kudos to Future Music.

Y'all are certainly welcome to hang out here, but I'll be spending most of my time over in the Sound, Studio, and Stage forum over at Musicplayer.com. Dave & Co. have invited me to participate in shaping the overall direction of the site, and yes, I have some ideas about next steps :). Already, Stephen Fortner, the former Editor of Keyboard Magazine, has set up shop and is essentially doing an online version of what he did for many years. This is all quite new, but it looks like he won't be the last to sign on and start breaking new ground.

I'd like to thank Henry Juszkiewicz for keeping Harmony Central alive after the GC days. His motivations were noble; he never interfered with our editorial mission, or exerted any kind of editorial control. Unfortunately, the timing was not optimum, because shortly thereafter Gibson was having to navigate rocky financial waters that ultimately led to the company's bankruptcy.

But that's in the past. Gibson is turning around, Harmony Central is moving to a better platform, Dendy/Phil/Chris retained their positions at Gibson after I was let go, and I suspect everything will work out well here.

At to me, it's time for another adventure! Yes...change is good.

• Members

Looking forward to a renaissance of the MusicPlayer forums with your involvement, Craig! The Keyboard Corner has been alive and well all these years, but the rest of the site is badly in need of revitalization. Very much looking forward to your return.

Best,

Geoff

• CMS Author

I've been trying to log in there. I think I might have been there before but I've tried every combination of name and password that I could have used, both to log in and to register. When I try to register, any login and user name that I try that I have a half a chance to remember tells me, after filling out the form, that the login name or user name is already in use. When I've tried the "forgot your password" I always get the "instructions have been e-mailed to you" but I've tried different names and e-mail addresses and haven't received anything. Is it not fully working yet?

If anyone from there is checking in here, please get in touch with me to try to get me on board.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

One more forum to check ;)

This one is comatose so I'll be able to share the time ;)

See you there!

BTW, I think you were the editor for EM Magazine when I first placed ads for my Band-in-a-Box style disks, a loooooooooong time ago. Like many house gigs, sooner or later they want you back.

Notes

• Members

Well, I tried yesterday. Filled in the registration information, waited for the confirmation letter - it never arrived (yes I checked the spam folder).

So I tried logging in today and got this message:

The email for this account has not yet been verified.

Let me know if that gets fixed, and I'll try again.

Notes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members
On 9/2/2019 at 9:05 PM, Alndln3 said:

I tried logging in with my old username and pass but as I expected it didn't work. Then I tried creating a new acc with the same username and pass and I got "username and password already in use"   :confused2:

Apologies for not seeing this sooner, MP.com is keeping me busy. Did you try the "forgot password" option using the same user name? 

Archived