No announcement yet.

What is this bass type/technique

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bass type/technique

It's featured in Don Henley's "Sunset Grill," as well as The Firm's "Someone to Love." It's I think largely technique (any particular name for it?) but wondering if there's a particular bass (or even a common MIDI bass setting) that is used?

Are you thinking of fretless bass?

I’m not familiar with the other song, but I’m pretty sure the Don Henley song uses a synth for the bass parts.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Sunset Grill is fretless bass played by Pino Palladino.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
      For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
      Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

We used to call it the ‘fart bass ‘ sound.
        This question came up months ago...The Firm’s bassist utilized the fretless bass on Radioactive...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv2bQSIbteQ
        https://www.fretlessbass.com/music-s...perfect-beast/
        Last edited by Luke17; 06-08-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X