No announcement yet.

YES! Yacht Rock Radio is BACK on XM!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guido61 View Post

Only if he were hanging over the edge puking his guts out, perhaps...
    Lol. Yes but that would be true wherever he went. And only after he'd bitten the heads off a few yacht rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zig al-din View Post

Lol. Yes but that would be true wherever he went. And only after he'd bitten the heads off a few yacht rockers.
      They’d never catch the Yacht. It is outfitted with only the latest, greatest most powerful engine and accessories. And the expensive brand names make it even faster! The Yacht would be skating atop the surf at high speed while those guys would be weighed down by all the heavy chains and armor and down-tuned riffs.
      Last edited by Vito Corleone; 06-03-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

They’d never catch the Yacht. It is outfitted with only the latest, greatest most powerful engine and accessories. And the expensive brand name makes it even faster! The Yacht would be skating atop the surf at high speed while those guys would be weighed down by all the heavy chains and armor and down-tuned riffs.
        Without your slick, over-produced fake jazz rock poser "accessories," you guys would fall over board and get eaten by a guppy.

Vikings crossed the Atlantic Ocean in open boats powered by Odin, Thor and riffs like....

Comment

Originally posted by Zig al-din View Post

Without your slick, over-produced fake jazz rock poser "accessories," you guys would fall over board and get eaten by a guppy.

Vikings crossed the Atlantic Ocean in open boats powered by Odin, Thor and riffs like....
          Sorry. Can't even hear it now. That is so far behind me. The Yacht is already many miles away and Gretchen is pouring me another Cuban Breeze.

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 06-03-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I`m starting to like the OTHER Steely Dan songs besides the two I like. Something about some dudes.

-I guess it`s all about context. Steely Dan regularly scores 90-100 on the Yachtski scale.
            Last edited by redEL34; 06-03-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Do you guys camp it up at all? I’d totally dig seeing a Yacht Rock band wearing the sailors caps. I’d try to find some young hot girl to mix drinks on stage. Yacht Rock Meets Dean Martin.
              We do camp it up a bit. One guitarist wears a "Captain Steubing" cap, complete with ascot. Drummer often wears rayon shirt showing a few chest hairs. Women vocalists wear halter top type blouses. (We do play an ABBA song.) I usually wear a flowered shirt and sandals if the climate permits. We've only performed a few times.
              "Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has." - Martin Luther

Comment

Wow this sounds really familiar now!

Comment

Working...
                X