No announcement yet.

RIP Hal Blaine

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hal Blaine

Very sorry to learn this morning that Hal Blaine passed away. I met him several years ago and thought he was a very nice man.
    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...311-story.html
    My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins
    My Eclectic YouTube Channel

Arguably the greatest studio session drummer of all time... the sheer amount and variety of material he contributed to is just staggering.

“Rest easy on the 2 and 4 Hal.”

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins
      My Eclectic YouTube Channel

Comment

only consolation I know, is a lot of music to listen to with Hal Blaine is recorded history...

Comment

he was the heartbeat of 60s and 70s music...he played on just about everything...40 #1s, 150+ top 10s...thousands of sessions..a legend here in L.A.
          RIP, Mr. Blaine.
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

With 65,000 recordings, he will live on.

My first instrument was drums, before I moved on to sax, flute, bass, guitar, keys, and windsynth. I learned rudiments and how to read drum music in school, but Hal Blaine really taught me how to play drums. Not directly, but through his recordings. He supported the songs, never overpowering them but improving them, and always respecting the music.

RIP Hal
            Bob "Notes" Norton
            Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
            Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box
            The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

Comment

Truly a gigantic loss. Hal was the beat to so many hits. RIP

Comment

Much love to him and the entire ‘Wrecking Crew’ ..that select bunch of studio Musicians were the backbone of SO many hit songs we all grew up with..
                Gotta say though, of all the Luminaries of the Wrecking Crew...And Good God, I love/loved them all,
                Hal Blaine and Carol Kaye were the two whose talents I focused on the most.

RIP Hal Blaine

Comment

Working...
                X