My NAMM 2019 report is now available

Mats Nermark

• Members

yes that was an enjoyable read

and also had some stuff I missed out on in other NAMM reporting

Taey Kang guitars and Timespeed are new to me

good to see the Danelectro pedals in the flesh, I only saw a press release, kind of interested in the Breakdown

well, if it ever gets here

thanks for posting the report, good job

• CMS Author

Wow! It's almost like we went to two different shows. Great to see what I steered away from due to the volume, and not surprised that you found the noise level uncomfortable. Glad you got the guitars and pedals covered thoroughly. There are so many!

I want to play with that Blue Cat "pickup designer." When I reviewed the IK Multimedia Modo Bass, the thing I found most interesting was swapping pickups and pickup position on a given chassis. I didn't get to Fender at all, so I missed the Acoustasonic guitars. Does what comes out of the amplifier really sound like a flat top when you've selected one of the acoustic guitars? That, I gotta hear. I'll probably have to wait until next year's NAMM, though. If I see you there, remind me. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
yes that was an enjoyable read

and also had some stuff I missed out on in other NAMM reporting

Taey Kang guitars and Timespeed are new to me

good to see the Danelectro pedals in the flesh, I only saw a press release, kind of interested in the Breakdown

well, if it ever gets here

thanks for posting the report, good job

So Bieke..according to Mats..the Dano pedals will be available in the Retro finish..?

If so, I am going to pull the trigger..

I recently joined Facebook after totally fighting it for years...

got gig offers from old band mates..

going to start slowly wading the waters again.

seems daunting.

Seem like I have developed a bit of agoraphobia without noticing.

• Members

So Bieke..according to Mats..the Dano pedals will be available in the Retro finish..?

If so, I am going to pull the trigger..

I recently joined Facebook after totally fighting it for years...

got gig offers from old band mates..

going to start slowly wading the waters again.

seems daunting.

Seem like I have developed a bit of agoraphobia without noticing.

well, I want to try 'em first

and then decide

they sure look nice though

• Members

Thanks Bieke, if you try them before me, please give me a Sitrep.

Can do, but it could take a while

Local shop carries Dano pedals, and they only just received their first shipment of the Millionaire series (pedals are already out for nearly 2 years)

THe new pedals start shipping on April 1 and are 149$ street

Anyway, these are nice enough pedals, but I keep reading complaints about poor quality switches

The new pedals seem to have sturdier switches

PG has a review with demo

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28722-danelectro-announces-the-eisenhower-fuzz-and-the-breakdown

Local shop carries Dano pedals, and they only just received their first shipment of the Millionaire series (pedals are already out for nearly 2 years)

Anyway, these are nice enough pedals, but I keep reading complaints about poor quality switches

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28722-danelectro-announces-the-eisenhower-fuzz-and-the-breakdown

I wonder who the "guitar god" was that supposedly used the Breakdown circuit on their first album in 1968 is?

• Members

Dude..you are just a font of good info.

Thanks for the link.👍

• Members

Dude..you are just a font of good info.

Thanks for the link.👍

Well, let me correct myself then

it's the Billionaire series that I spotted in the local shop, not the Millionaire series

and I also spotted the new pedals are made in Korea

also, the pedals are on pre-order now, expected to ship early April,

also likely to sell out on pre-order

so good chance that these will never make it to my local shop

:angry06:

I think it's Craig but he prolly has no recollection of it

Like they say... if you can remember the 60's, you weren't there. ;)

I can remember only some of the 1960's, but that's because I was only 8 when they ended. :0

Seriously, I can't think of any "rock god" who recorded their first album in 1968, can you guys?

Peter Green had already recorded with Mayall, so that leaves the first Fleetwood Mac record out, although it did come out in '68 IIRC. Page was a long-time session player who played on lots of records in the early / mid 1960s, but Zep's first album was recorded in late '68, so they might be referring to him. Clapton and Hendrix had both already recorded multiple albums by then, so they're out. Jeff Beck had already waxed a full LP with the Yardbirds by 1966, so he's out too...

I'm curious as to who they're referring to. :idk: I don't know, but my guess is it's probably... Jimmy Page? :idk:

• Members

Well, let me correct myself then

it's the Billionaire series that I spotted in the local shop, not the Millionaire series

and I also spotted the new pedals are made in Korea

also, the pedals are on pre-order now, expected to ship early April,

also likely to sell out on pre-order

so good chance that these will never make it to my local shop

:angry06:

Don’t want To derail this thread, but I just spoke to my ‘personal concierge’ or ‘Gear Guru’ lol @ Musicians Friend And they are not on ‘preorder’ with them yet.

But he said just as soon as they are he will put me on thé preorder..to make sure I get them..

when they are available I will order the two..The Eisenhower Fuzz and the Breakdown

when I get them, I can try them out keep ‘em or send one or both back if Not happy.

• Members

I'm tragically late to the parade here Mats...Sorry about that....Life gets in the way...But a great report, all the way around Sir. Just went through it all this evening...One of my dreams is to go to a NAMM show, with a bottomless checkbook...All the wonderful instruments and gear...I doubt I have the time left in my span to even taste all the wondrous things you revealed with your well written and documented report....Thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Members
I'm tragically late to the parade here Mats...Sorry about that....Life gets in the way...But a great report, all the way around Sir. Just went through it all this evening...One of my dreams is to go to a NAMM show, with a bottomless checkbook...All the wonderful instruments and gear...I doubt I have the time left in my span to even taste all the wondrous things you revealed with your well written and documented report....Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hi Joe!

Better late than never, eh?

Glad you enjoyed it. We also share the same dream.

Cheers,

Mats N

Archived