Button, Button, Who's Got The Button?

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

The little button to the left of the title of the message in the forum list that takes you to the first unread message in the thread, that is. The function is still there, it's just that the icon is invisible. I suppose I could try a different web browser.

Nope - Missing in Chrome as well as Firefox. Must be an upgrade.

Yes, it's missing - actually, it's just invisible, as 1001gear pointed out - but it still works if you click in the right spot - which is immediately to the right of the data and time of the last post.

Here's a screen shot showing the correct spot - the red square is where you should click... or you can hover your mouse cursor over that spot for a moment and you should get a "Go to last post" popup that will let you know you've found the right place...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.03 AM.png Views:\t1 Size:\t597.9 KB ID:\t32469491","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"32469491","data-size":"full","title":"Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 8.39.03 AM.png"}[/ATTACH]

It's been reported to Nucleus. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• CMS Author
Yes, it's missing - actually, it's just invisible, as 1001gear pointed out - but it still works if you click in the right spot - which is immediately to the right of the data and time of the last post.

I never knew there was one there because I never use it. That one is "go to the last post" (in the thread). The one I'm talking about is just to the left of the message title. It's "go to the first unread" which is where I want to go. There might be something significant between the last one I read and the last one in the pile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I never knew there was one there because I never use it. That one is "go to the last post" (in the thread). The one I'm talking about is just to the left of the message title. It's "go to the first unread" which is where I want to go. There might be something significant between the last one I read and the last one in the pile.

I can see it... but a single click does nothing. A quick double-click DOES kick it into 'action' -- unfortunately that action is simply a spinning progress wheel (that can go on for minutes... perhaps aeons).

RRGlfOlm.png

• Members

Actually, the button is missing in your graphic :lol:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"missing button.jpg","data-attachmentid":32485811}[/ATTACH]

The circle shows where it is (even though it is not being displayed), and if you place your mouse cursor in that area it will change to a pointing finger. Once the cursor changes clicking on the invisible area will take you to the first unread message.

So there are two buttons that are invisible - the "go to first unread message" (this button) and the "go to last message". They are both still there, as the cursor changes where you go over them. They are just invisible.

Hope that helps

Archived