No announcement yet.

Bands/artists you got into later in life

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands/artists you got into later in life

I'm not a young man. I was born in the 60s. I'd heard of The Moody Blues (obviously) but had never really delved any deeper than the obligatory Nights in White Satin, Question etc.

Recently, however, I've been buying their albums. In chronological order. And I'm very impressed. I wish I'd done this decades ago.

Well, I got into the Moody Blues during the so called ‘’British Invasion’ when I was about 13 yrs. old.

They were basically a British Blues band copying American Blues artists with their own twist.

Love what they did with this Sonny Boy Williamson tune...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOCOuUeKiY
    Last edited by Luke17; 11-30-2018, 03:59 PM.

Comment

This is a copy and paste of a thread I started a while ago. I don't know who this LindaPeterson person is but I suspect he/she is a troll or a bot of some description. Sure as hell isn't one of my alts! Check the IP address, mods. It ain't me
      website

Comment

Couple spammers have posted legit and then edited into spam. Blammers?
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I wasn’t familiar with anything by King Crimson prior to “Discipline” (and that’s pretty much a completely different band anyway) until about a year or two ago. I now own all of the earlier albums.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
            This is a copy and paste of a thread I started a while ago. I don't know who this LindaPeterson person is but I suspect he/she is a troll or a bot of some description. Sure as hell isn't one of my alts! Check the IP address, mods. It ain't me
            ...so now we add a dash of Paranoia?
            Last edited by Luke17; 12-01-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I didn't get into Robert Johnson until the late 90's....Despite numerous references to him by some of my heroes.

About 3 tracks into the retrospective I finally understood what Clapton meant when he said he couldn't listen to RJ all at once...That it was just too intense.

Comment

Just getting into Argent 50 years late. They are a bit variable but checkin out my old "Rock Buster" IMO the best sampler album ever.
                and there it was. complete with great piano section at 1:40

Also for the first time discovering Gentle Giant that I somehow missed in my youth.

Comment

Working...
                X