Final Version of "Joie de Vivre" Music Video Album Now Posted

Anderton

• Members

I've had one listen to the album, and as we all know albums need several listens before the songs 'make sense'. Thing is, EDM/dance isn't really my thing, so I can't comment on the songs themselves. However, my one listen qualifies me to say that I appreciate the work that went into this album, and the production is superb!

• Members

Hi Mark! Wow, someone listened to it!

I'll admit it's a bit of a stretch...EDM people would say it's more like rock, rock people would say it's more like EDM. So it may be the kind of music that leaves most people scratching their heads. We'll see how many clicks it gets when it goes on YouTube tomorrow. :)

And yes, it did take a lot of work to create those seamless transitions between songs. The songs were all done individually, and the "connective tissue" was almost a project unto itself. It required an entirely different approach to album assembly, which involved going back and forth between Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One. Throughout the project, duties were split fairly evenly between the two...most were songs I'd started a while ago, but "Because You Matter" was done start to finish in Studio One.

• Members

I think I've heard most of these tracks before...Perhaps sneaks from your website? I check in there regularly to see what your up to outside of here. The mixes sound a bit more defined than I recall though EDM ain't really my cup 'o tea either, but like Mark said, I can appreciate the work you put into them!

• Members
I think I've heard most of these tracks before...Perhaps sneaks from your website? I check in there regularly to see what your up to outside of here. The mixes sound a bit more defined than I recall though EDM ain't really my cup 'o tea either' date=' but like Mark said, I can appreciate the work you put into them![/quote']

Three of them appeared before, "However You Show Up," "To Say No Would Be a Crime (Remix)," and Lilianna. However, they have been remixed and in some cases, some arrangement changes as well...and they've been put into a continuous mix now, which was the way they were meant to be heard.

I think the music settles into a space that's 60% rock, 40% EDM. I wanted to have actual vocals and guitars :)

Archived