Dad, I want a motorbike!!

• Members

Dad said no, I will get you a violin. The son said, "no, I want a motorbike". Dad said I will get you a violin and lessons and you will learn how to play.

After a few months dad asked his son to play his violin for him.

[video=youtube;i5MOhl4RgmU]

• Members

That makes me very happy. Good thing my dad was a biker. When I asked...I had to save up half of it...but I got my first one in 1970. Yamaha JT-1 Mini Enduro. I was off to a life of fun...without the violin.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
some sage commentary/opinion from RockViolin would seem to be in order here. 🤟🏻

Well...eh hem...eh heh eh heh eh heh eh hem...four score ad seven years ago...the player you drink the smoker you get. Oh, and the crux of the biscuit...

I might not have anything particularly sage to say here. Nothing original anyway. :)

I think he did a good job with it, and I certainly could have used that in my repertoire back in my 'play for your life' days. It's well developed and yeah, the end with the doppler and the fade into the distance is a nice touch.

There's a bit of a scratch to the attack at times, especially when he's at the frog, which takes away a bit for me. Someone maybe should have taught him to not have his bow hand pinky locked out straight. Curved pinky gives better control when at the frog and all the weight of the bow is at the tip. The pinky is the other side of the see- saw and can better act as a counter balance if it's not locked. And if one wants scratch, it's still easy to find.

But then, maybe the scratch is some shifter noise before the throttle. I'll have my roadie/supercross buddy check it out if I get the chance.

Perhaps I'll give an electric version with some tasty overdrive a whirl. :thu:

Oh, and um, I can do a mean turtle dove. Long was my search and deep was my study. Mean turtle doves are quite a rare bird you know.

:wave:

• Members

Well...eh hem...eh heh eh heh eh heh eh hem...four score ad seven years ago...the player you drink the smoker you get. Oh, and the crux of the biscuit...

I might not have anything particularly sage to say here. Nothing original anyway. :)

I think he did a good job with it, and I certainly could have used that in my repertoire back in my 'play for your life' days. It's well developed and yeah, the end with the doppler and the fade into the distance is a nice touch.

There's a bit of a scratch to the attack at times, especially when he's at the frog, which takes away a bit for me. Someone maybe should have taught him to not have his bow hand pinky locked out straight. Curved pinky gives better control when at the frog and all the weight of the bow is at the tip. The pinky is the other side of the see- saw and can better act as a counter balance if it's not locked. And if one wants scratch, it's still easy to find.

But then, maybe the scratch is some shifter noise before the throttle. I'll have my roadie/supercross buddy check it out if I get the chance.

Perhaps I'll give an electric version with some tasty overdrive a whirl. :thu:

Oh, and um, I can do a mean turtle dove. Long was my search and deep was my study. Mean turtle doves are quite a rare bird you know.

:wave:

Thanks, Podnah...your response to my humble request is greatly appreciated....This is some seriously funny and witty stuff you wrote, but also some great insight as to how YOU would have pulled it off...personally ..had you been put to the task.

Would love to hear that Turtle Dove thing...🐦

Archived