Sound of Silence Cover

• Members

I am not what one would even remotely be considered as a person who listens to heavy metal music (bluegrass, Celtic, folk, are more to my liking). However, recently came across a cover of Sound of Silence by the metal group Disturbed. I think this is about one of the best covers I have ever heard of the song. The lead singer really takes this classic song and makes it his. It has apparently been out for a few years, but if you haven't seen it, take a look.

[video=youtube;u9Dg-g7t2l4]

• Members

and while we are discussing spastic and high energy covers of main stream songs, this one immediately come to mind...The Gloved One’s ‘Smooth Criminal’ by Alien Ant Farm.

the video is extremely well done in a parodic manner, the drummer kicks major arse, guitar solo is sterling, great bass and the lead singer is engaging and fun to watch..

• Members
and while we are discussing spastic and high energy covers of main stream songs, this one immediately come to mind...The Gloved One’s ‘Smooth Criminal’ by Alient Ant Farm.

the video is extremely well done in a parodic manner, the drummer kicks major arse, guitar solo is sterling, great bass and the lead singer is engaging and fun to watch..

I've been listening to that cover for years on the local Modern Rock station and totally dig it. It's a tight, well executed groove. Never saw the video until now and it's as tight as the song.

I hate seeing anything bad happen to AMC Pacers though. They're my favorite rolling fishbowls. :cool12:

• Members

I've been listening to that cover for years on the local Modern Rock station and totally dig it. It's a tight, well executed groove. Never saw the video until now and it's as tight as the song.

I hate seeing anything bad happen to AMC Pacers though. They're my favorite rolling fishbowls. :cool12:

haha, yer memory is fading AJ..

I put the vid up on your website ( or was it Imp’s?) a few years back, and we discussed various nuances of the filming of the vid.

Anyway, you did mention at the time that the drummer held a mean groove.

I think that Vid came out in 2002.✌🏻

Luke

• Members

Ain’t that the truth, Ruth? I mean about the fading...hitting us all,

I’m still handy with da cool stuff...my fan base is always expanding ...Charisma is my Cross to Bear.😎

peace out, my Tejas Hermano,

Lt. Luke..

• Members
Ain’t that the truth, Ruth? I mean about the fading...hitting us all,

I’m still handy with da cool stuff...my fan base is always expanding ...Charisma is my Cross to Bear.😎

peace out, my Tejas Hermano,

Lt. Luke..

Belated congrats on the Jazz! :rawk:

• Members

Belated congrats on the Jazz! :rawk:

Off topic, but the Jazz bass is a dream...had it set up by my guitar guy the day after I got it, and I haven’t put it down since.

My other guitars are languishing...begging for my nimble and adept fingers to caress them once again.🎸

Archived