RIP Anthony Bourdain

• Members

Not directly music related but music of the place he was at was part of his shows. A unique take on food culture but most of all he had a non judgmental way of approaching people and an openness to really listening. Most of all being in the world of media he seemed real and down to earth.

• Members
Not directly music related but music of the place he was at was part of his shows. A unique take on food culture but most of all he had a non judgmental way of approaching people and an openness to really listening. Most of all being in the world of media he seemed real and down to earth.

well, he was a part of the NYC Punk Scene and he was obviously respected by these guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I absolutely adored the guy. He was one of a kind really. I'm pretty sure I've seen every show he ever had, except for the ones in the can that haven't yet made it to broadcast. He just oozed cool, and I always had the feeling that he'd be a great guy to eat with, to get absolutely blotto with. He was always on a quest for quality and had a endearing habit of finding it, and lauding it, even in low laces where the majority of Foodies just...Wouldn't "Get It", y'know?

I miss him like all hell, and television, and life in general became a bit more banal with his passing.

Archived