SSS Memorabilia

• Members

For pretty obvious reasons, I've been thinking about the old days of the forum, and some of the major moments for me at least.

Here's hoisting one up in memory of Angelo Clematide, gone now almost 5 years, hard to believe. Angelo did the music for this art installation:

Just hit the "Watch This Video on YouTube" to see this:

[video=youtube_share;kez2VLrir0c]https://youtu.be/kez2VLrir0c

nat

• Members

He could be a handful socially, particularly toward the end of his tenure here (although he and I were originally fairly friendly). But I try to separate an artist's work from his personal life and politics when possible. He was clearly a very talented and knowledgeable musician and composer. And he is certainly missed.

• Members
He could be a handful socially, particularly toward the end of his tenure here (although he and I were originally fairly friendly). But I try to separate an artist's work from his personal life and politics when possible. He was clearly a very talented and knowledgeable musician and composer. And he is certainly missed.

roger that, blue...he was complex, but he possessed a certain European/International jene sais quoi that I found rare and charming.

He and I communicated via email and PM over the years, he was sometimes brusque and surly with me( and I am sure with others) but he always made tacit amends..and would be first to pick up the dangling conversation between us, albeit months later.

RIP Angelo.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I was just reading a Bruce Swedien thread from 2006 at another site and boom there he was.

We got along well quite well. And Angelo certainly seemed to know his biz!

I wrote some lyrics for him (of all things) and did a violin track or 2. I still have one of his pieces that I added violin to at his request. He either inadvertently or on purpose cropped the downbeat of the file he sent me and would not send me a redo for some reason, but I did the work anyway. I thought about posting it, but since it's unfinished and unreleased as far as I know, I thought better of it. Don't need no trouble with Rudi's ghost! Oh hell no! :eek:

He wasn't quite the same after he started working for the Chinese at that complex. He seemed considerably more on edge and abrasive.

And he tried to pull me in to work for them too. At one point in a phone call he said, " But be careful, if they don't like your work there may be a bullet for you." :eek2:

I suddenly had other pressing matters to attend to and lost interest for some reason. :D2

RIP Angelo.

• Members

I remember a cryptic PM he sent to me about meeting him in the Outer Hebrides Islands,..to ‘sharpen and hone my sword blade, because we were going to teach the Scots a lesson’ when we invaded them.

It was some time ago, and I was known as Luke Skywalker on HC back then ( I think)

Rudi was a trip.

• Members
I remember a cryptic PM he sent to me about meeting him in the Outer Hebrides Islands,..to ‘sharpen and hone my sword blade, because we were going to teach the Scots a lesson’ when we invaded them.

It was some time ago, and I was known as Luke Skywalker on HC back then ( I think)

Rudi was a trip.

Ah HA! I thought that was you. I recall it being LukenSkywalker.

I guess 'Rudi' gave some people fits. Happy to have been on his good side.

• Members

Ah HA! I thought that was you. I recall it being LukenSkywalker.

I guess 'Rudi' gave some people fits. Happy to have been on his good side.

‘‘Tis me...RV...and yes, it was me..still can’t remember my actual name.

As I remember, the site here crashed and try as I may, I couldn’t get back on ( with about 2,000 posts) under my original sobriquet, so it was much easier to register as a new user.

I think I might have been a ‘Hall of Lame’ member...lol.

F*ck the seniority.

Yeah, Rudi kinda tolerated me, and obviously you too. 🙂

Hope your neck pain isn’t plaguing you as it did before.

living with pain on a daily basis can sap the body and soul.

Much love for the ganja as a panacea.

as my Dad used to say, ‘Smoke if you got ‘em’

Peace, Luke.

• Members

I have a good memory, that was you Luke. I trust you can recall what comes after Luke in real life.

Yeah lol...always good to come here and see I'm still a pro.

And thanks man, I've got it right where it wants me. Every now and then, in true cat form, the lion lifts it's paw so I can scurry around a bit.

I only get to puff down with asthma inhalers, btw. (It's been pretty bad this summer, but I've managed to stay out of the ER.) Some edibles would seem to be in order though. Alas, I live in Indiana. They'll probably come around by the time my own card gets punched.

Archived