Motorola Integrated Circuit Chord Organ - I've Got A Secret 1964

• Members
TV sure was better back then.

Some of the TV back then was excellent. I noticed some of the quirky inventive stuff they were doing on "I've Got A Secret", then noticed that the producer was Alan Sherman. The guy who came up with "Hello Mudda Hello Fadda". There was one episode where the joke was on Garry Moore. The secret was that he was going to be crated up and sent over to Birdland to play drums with Count Basie and the band. They crated him up in a cage and sent him over in a moving van.

Another innovator in his day was Steve Allen. I saw David Letterman way back in his NBC days give credit to Steve Allen for the inspiration for some of their wacky gags.

[video=youtube;GJTqNmk4jmQ]

• Members

there's a couple of TV stations down here, terrestrial stations (Broadcast) that play nothing but old TV shows....we try to cook lunch at the office a couple times a month..Nothing fancy, hot dogs, chili, burgers...And we sit around the table and watch The Rifleman, Zane Grey theater, Death Valley Days. Old western series.

Well i mean hell we're all Texans. What else are Old Texans gonna watch when they don't have cable.

• CMS Author
there's a couple of TV stations down here, terrestrial stations (Broadcast) that play nothing but old TV shows...

Last year I got hooked on the old Columbo shows. They were produced just like movies of the day - a real plot development, interesting characters, frequently using real stars as main characters. There's one with Johnny Cash playing a country musician (who kills his wife and mother-in-law, of course).

What if Lt. Columbo drove a shiny new Volvo?

[Oops - sorry, wrong discussion]

• Members

yeah..we have MeTV on our Cable network..I record a few weeks worth of Columbo, Rawhide, Hawai'i 50 ( dang, Jack Lord was such a tight ass Hippie Hater 🙂)

I record some 77 Sunset Strip, Combat etc.too...but me being a retired Plain Clothes LEO like Columbo, I can relate...well, With the exception of his wardrobe,

I wore Armani Linen/Cotton suits in the summer ala 'Sonny Crockett' lol..and leather jackets, jeans, and Dr. Martens in the Winter when I was on the job.'

Archived