Post Your Soundcloud Here

• Members

FYI SoundCloud is total waste of space, and insecure. I used to have a pro account. I dropped them after I discovered hundreds of thousands of people in places like brazil were buying my songs as downloads off other sites, and I wasn't getting a penny. When I confronted SoundCloud, I got a lame excuse from them. I wish you better luck than I had :).

• Members
FYI SoundCloud is total waste of space' date=' and insecure. I used to have a pro account. I dropped them after I discovered hundreds of thousands of people in places like brazil were buying my songs as downloads off other sites, and I wasn't getting a penny. When I confronted SoundCloud, I got a lame excuse from them. I wish you better luck than I had :). [/quote']

Well that sucks. What were some of the other sites? Were you able to receive any payments from them?

• Members

I honestly have only ever heard from people using places like CD baby etc. I basically gave up after it was pointed out to me that any tom dick and harry can just clone links to use on other sites.... As I said, I hope you have better luck. Even ASCAP let me down, stopped paying them for my membership.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't use Soundcloud, but I do have a couple albums on www.soundclick.com/philboking

and http://www.soundclick.com/tangent2

I hope you enjoy what's there!

While I was in cdbaby.com listening to Craigs new album, I checked the sales of my CD 'Philbo's Blues'. I've gotten 59 downloads through Amazon, Spotify, Itunes, and Google Music. For a grand total of $0.75. But the purpose wasn't to make money (though that would surely be nice), it was to spread my tunes out around the world. And it seems to be working in a limited way... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I forgot I had a soundcloud account. I checked it, and it was empty anyway, but I do have two soundclick accounts.

The first one: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=492423

Jeff's Psychedelic Drone - just some junk I did around 1966, not worth listening to.

Jeff's Flute Tune Number 1 - Multi track, playing one of my home brew flutes, 12 string, and a fuzzed out six string. Recommended listening ;-)

My Only Orginal Tune - An attempt at playing something bluesy. not worth listening to.

Ooops, My Other Original Tune - Short ditty, kind of interesting.

The second one: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=662478

Bulldog - Multi track with Band in a Box drums and bass. Not bad, Recommended listening ;-)

Shootin' The Pier - a very early version of my original surf tune. It got better with time. not worth listening to.

Misirlou - Multi track with Band in a Box bongos. Not bad Recommended listening ;-)

• Members
My Soundcloud account I use to pass stuff around for comment/critiques. Right now all that's on there are my two entries to the 2018 Kerrville Songwriter contest - lemme know whatcha think...

nat

Really found Two Hands quite touching (pun not intended). Wonderful lines like:

Like ancient trees

Our histories

Bind hoops around our hearts......

....But two hands bridge that lack of light

Really a fine song Nat

• Members

On 2/5 I posted my Soundclick link which include a tune I wrote and recorded for my web page several years ago called Shootin' The Pier. It was a multi-track solo bedroom recording.

I just uploaded a new much improved version recorded last year with my more or less ad hoc band, Second Surf.

This one was recording in Robby Krieger's Horse Latitudes Studios (a silent auction prize won by Rand Rubin).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=662478 (be sure to select the Second Surf version).

Second Surf is -

Lead Guitar - Jeff Leites

Rhythm Guitar - Rand Rubin

Drums - Don Ross

Bass - Matt Teachout

Recorded at Robby Krieger's Horse Latitudes Studios, Glendale, CA Recording Engineer - Michael Dumas

• 1 month later...
  • Members

If anyone is curious, I suppose some of this represents. All recordings here are from 20+ years ago. I've grown some since then. smiley-wink Would that the player I was then could benefit from the producer/recordist I am now. Oh well. New stuff exists or is in the works, but I probably won't be loading it up here. Thanks for checking it out. :cool3:

:whisper: ...pssst. I wasn't RockViolin yet. I was SomeOtherViolin...not sure what...

Archived