Your best gear purchase of 2017 ?

AJ6stringsting

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought a hydrometer for my Taylor guitar that I also got this year for next to nothing from a guy who was in need of some quick and necessary cash. The action was awful high so I thought the best thing to do before rushing off to my super expensive luthier is get the humidity right on the guitar. I also swapped out a crappy nut on one of my teles with a tusq nut which is a great improvement.

• Members
For me it was buying another 1986 Carvin X-100B amp' date=' [/quote']

I love those amps. I have been thinking about buying one while you can still find one reasonably priced. My best gear purchase for 2017 was a damaged Fender American Strat I picked up for $115. A repair to the body and a fresh coat of paint and it looks as good as new.

• Members

I had someone buy me a Martin OM-42, long story so I won't bore everyone, the guitar is still being made at the factory but it happened in 2017. Here is one but not the one they are making. I would mention his name but I don't think he wants me to, too humble about life, his pineal gland is wide open. Needless to say I can't wait to get it.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32129920}[/ATTACH]

• Members
I had someone buy me a Martin OM-42, long story so I won't bore everyone, the guitar is still being made at the factory but it happened in 2017. Here is one but not the one they are making. I would mention his name but I don't think he wants me to, too humble about life, his pineal gland is wide open. Needless to say I can't wait to get it.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":32129920}[/ATTACH]

Oh, you are a boy toy? Not that there is anything wrong with that. Nice guitfiddle.

• Members

Hardly, I actually have a few real honest to goodness player friends, why is everything always about sex? If your comment was just a joke, then I apologize, but some friends are just really great friends. He knew I needed another guitar, he is one heck of a musician, he knows I am a fingerpicker, and we cherish our friendship and life itself. Friends like him are very hard to find. Thanks for the compliment on the geeeetar.

• Members

You have mentioned the pineal gland a few times here. You you aware of this website?

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/

• Members

Nope, but I just looked at it, very nice site, I will look further at it. In the meantime I found a quote in it that I just used in my signature. Thank you very much Moog. I found out about decalcification of the pineal when I went on a 40 day fast 6 months ago, after going full bore into veganism, never looked back after ridding my life of the fluoride poisoning from the local water. Thanks again.

• Members

I got a Two Notes Torpedo Live, and it has absolutely changed my approach to playing live gigs. It is the only load box / cabinet emulator I have ever tried that actually sounds like the real thing, and it has made gigging 100% easier. I can finally run direct and have it sound like my Bogner or Marshall, which had been an unobtainable goal of mine for years....

Archived