Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you getting yourself this holiday season?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you getting yourself this holiday season?

This is the time of year I usually give myself something nice... what are you treating yourself to?

Got a used gravel/greenway bike. Trek 7.9 Fx. Already rode it a few times. Awesome!
    Something...

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
      This is the time of year I usually give myself something nice... what are you treating yourself to?
      I am trying to keep my music making process simple, minimal and consistent by using a single plugin for reverb. Rather than 5000 plugins.

Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Plug-in Bundle
      Mackie XT Pro.

If you stand for nothing your life becomes meaningless. The world and everything you have today exist because people before you stood up, worked hard and died to provide us all the opportunity. Get involved!

Audio Icon

Comment

Already expanded my UAD collection with some tasty specials including the new distressor. I also just bought on special the Arturia CMI V. Here's a fun true story for you all. I used to do sales for a electronics sales and rental place. One of my customers was Fairlight. I saw lots of cool things at the office I went into near the center of Sydney all those years ago . The Arturia recreation is amazing!.

Comment

Contemplating a Behringer Deep Mind 12.

Comment

Originally posted by kbeaumont View Post
            Contemplating a Behringer Deep Mind 12.

It probably won't be out by Christmas, but I have to admit to being really temped by the Behringer Model D - their $299 Eurorack-sized Mini clone.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
            - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
            - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

An LP with my songs on it
              works | smoke | forum

Comment

I just had a luthier I only knew by rep replace the broken nut, reverse my pickup swapping fiasco, install a mini humbucker with a coil tap, and do a setup on my ]81 Strat. It hasn't played or sounded this good in years. That was my Christmas present. Even better, the guy was unbelievably inexpensive, completely professional work, and was beyond friendly. Ended up staying there for an hour after picking up the Strat, just making a friend. So, double present!

Is it cool to plug the guy? Neil Sargent Guitar Repair. Houston,Texas.
              Last edited by AlamoJoe; 12-13-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Just got a nice new chair. More cushion and lumbar support. What I really like is that the side arms flip up out of the way. So when working at the computer I can have the arms flipped down, and when playing guitar or dulcimer I can flip them up out of the way!
                The Mandolin Picker

"Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Comment

Just a little something for afternoon jams in my music room with my homies...

a Pearl Primero wood Cajon in Gypsy Brown.
                  scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I hope everyone here on HC gets what they deserve for Christmas. šŸ‘
                  Last edited by Luke17; 12-14-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Nothing very exciting to open up--high capacity batteries and a tripod for my Canon HV20. Gonna climb onto the Youtube train, demo a few techniques and maybe back up a little talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Makzimia View Post
                      Already expanded my UAD collection with some tasty specials including the new distressor.
                      Yeah, their buy 3 get 1 free was pretty hard to pass up. I got the Distressor too. What are some of your favorites?

Comment

Ernest Buckley I actually love Ocean ways, The Fairchild collection and the Neve 88RS most of all. I haven't had a lot of time playing with some of what I got. I admit I went a little overboard . They kept throwing coupons at me. Unison plugins have become my best friends. 610b preamp, a guitar amp and a bass amp that both provide unison. I LOVE the Roland Re-201, I actually had the real deal in a band I worked with for years in the early to mid 80s. I honestly can't believe what a great job they do at modeling via software.

Comment

Originally posted by Makzimia View Post
                          Ernest Buckley I actually love Ocean ways, The Fairchild collection and the Neve 88RS most of all. I haven't had a lot of time playing with some of what I got. I admit I went a little overboard . They kept throwing coupons at me. Unison plugins have become my best friends. 610b preamp, a guitar amp and a bass amp that both provide unison. I LOVE the Roland Re-201, I actually had the real deal in a band I worked with for years in the early to mid 80s. I honestly can't believe what a great job they do at modeling via software.
                          I agree. The Unison technology is really amazing, I use the E channel and the Neve 88 mostly for tracking. I find that once I track through those with the 1176 immediately following, I`m not using much else to get the track to sit in the mix. Is the Roland RE-201 really that good? I have $50 worth of coupons sitting in my cart and that buy 3 get 1 deal is really hard to beat...

Comment

• Ernest Buckley
                            Ernest Buckley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I just checked, I don`t have it. Weird... why would you get it for free but not me?

• Makzimia
                            Makzimia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It could be the classic set I got with my UAD 2 Quad, I really don't know. Ernie, when was the last time you did a authorise check on your system?.

• Ernest Buckley
                            Ernest Buckley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don`t think I have ever done an authorize check... hmmm.... running to studio now...

Iā€™m in the Post Artistic phase of my existence but I finally went MIDI! Got a Boss GP-10 and MIDI pickups for my acoustic and electric. Will use solo, trio and in the band. Very cool piece of Kit

Comment

Working...
                          X