'Everybody' needs vocals

Mark L

• Members

I recorded this a while ago. I'm happy with the backing track, but I've never been happy with my 'radio voice' vocal. I don't tend to return to songs once I've recorded them, so I was wondering if any of you fine fellows (or ladies) would like to have a crack at adding your vocal(s) to the backing track. Might end up being the definitive version! Your fee? My eternal gratitude :)

Here's my version: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101/everybody

And here's the instrumental take: https://soundcloud.com/songwriter101...y-instrumental

Both are downloadable

Just in case you can't make out my limey twang, here are the words:

Everybody lives a certain time. Everybody tows a certain line

Don't come near me. Don't talk to me. Everybody needs a certain sign

Oh, come as you think you are

Oh, go as you know you are

Everybody looks a certain way. Everybody dying every day

Don't look at me. Don't point at me. Everybody crazy anyway

Everybody needs a certain high. Everybody lives a foolish lie

Don't surround me. Please astound me. Everybody living just to die

• Members
Nice tune Mark! :philthumb: I'm not sure I'd be able to do the vocals justice or do any better on them than you did... the range is going to be an issue for some people too - it's pretty high. :)

Thanks! Yeah it was bit high for me, too. My falsetto was cracking under the strain. Maybe I should have stuck with realetto realetto....

• Members
Well since you sang on Neo-, the least I can do is return the favor :) Not sure I can hit the high notes, but hey, that's why God invented Melodyne...right? :)

I look forward to hearing the results :cool3:

• Members
I'd like to suggest two vocalists, a male for the low parts. You sound fine on those. Then a female to sing the high parts.

I don't think there are any women here on SSS. Lee Flier used to post here, but she's currently MIA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31994793[/ATTACH]

Archived