Cannot get Vegas Pro 13 working with Uaudio Apollo Twin usb

jojo styles

• Members

Anyone had experience with Vegas and the Apollo? Actually I also have Pro Tools 12 on this laptop and cannot get it working either. Have been on tech support with both Avid and UAD and still not working. The Apollo console recognizes the twin. Any suggestions? Thanks, JoJo

• Members

Well the obvious question, please don't be insulted...you do have it plugged into a USB 3 port, right? Check the little labels next to the ports. Also, I assume you're using ASIO. Remember that for Pro Tools, the ASIO buffers need to be 128, 256, 512, etc. Numbers like 96 don't work.

Next, what do you mean by "not working"? Do you see nothing in the meters, can you play something from Groove Music (I assume you have Windows 10) and hear it through headphones, etc.

Also figuring out the routing can be problematic. I'm not at my music computer right now but if you can provide more details, I can give you some simple things to try for a go-no go type of test, and we can take it from there.

• Members

Hi there, Thanks so much for responding. I wrote on forum after reading your article about the twin. Very informative, and I followed all suggestions. I also have used the support page on optimization on the UAD site and have completed all the requirements.

Not insulted at all, Yes, usb plugged in. The laptop is about 5 years old but has 1 usb 3 input, i7, 8 gigs ram, (asus g74sx rog with 3 hard drives built in)

re: asio, 1 of the support guys from uaudio told me to uninstall asio (did not seem correct to me) then the support guy from avid told me to reinstall etc.... runaround. Been setting both the twin control panel to 512 and daw to 512.

By not working (i wanted to keep it simple on first post) the unit is being recognized but when I hit play on a audio track I get no movement along the timeline or choppy movement but no output. Pro tools also keeps telling me "changes were made need to restart" etc....then sometimes crashes.

I've been using Vegas since sonic foundry days and it is still my favorite. Do you have it working with the twin?

Seems like a driver issue but I have updated everything I can think of and not sure where to go from here. Windows 10 for sure. Have not actually tried headphones ( i have been plugging outputs directly to my studio monitors which have been plugged into my mackie/firewire board with 2 uad duo pci cards installed which i have been using for years.)

Sorry for the long winded answer and i will try uaudio again when i can this week (hard to get through with hours going to only 1:00 pst.) I have actually been trying for quite a while ( i spent a week or two 6 months ago and gave up and now am back at it.) if i don't succeed this time I guess i need to buy another laptop and try with that but don't really want to if i can get this working.

Thanks again whether or not you can help and I appreciate all the great info you have given everyone over the years, JoJo Styles

Archived