Anybody using a password manager?

1001gear

• Members
As Craig mentioned, I also alternate between several passwords. I also created a Word document to keep all my passwords up to date.

Speaking of Word documents, I've been told that Apple is working on a new, non-volatile memory technology. It's totally eco-friendly, because it's made from a renewable resource. It has a leg up on the Surface and the iPad Pro because it allows for totally natural gestures, and from what I've been told, the handwriting recognition is pretty close to flawless. Apple is currently in negotiations not only with OfficeMax, but Staples and other office supply chains to carry it starting on March 31 (although there will be a press conference and Apple event sometime in February).

Apple was originally going to call it "iPad 5" but were afraid of causing confusion in the marketplace. So now the new code name is "iPaper." They'll also be introducing a new gesture controller called "iPen" and for volatile memory (yes, it does both!), a really clever little device called "iPencil." What makes this particularly interesting is you don't need to select another button or icon to erase, you just flip it over and "rewrite" with the other end where you had written. Even better, iPaper can do multiple write/re-write cycles. I'm supposed to get review units at the end of February.

• Moderators

I started an excel sheet years ago to track passwords...I had four active email accounts, and was on a number of forums under different aliases, as well as a number of vendors, customer, government entities, and advisory groups whose FTP sites and web pages required new passwords every thirty days [major PITA!]...I, like Anderton, have 4 basic ones that I use or modify, but then there are many places where I also have differing usernames/aliases, registered under different emails, etc., so the spreadsheet seemed the easiest way to keep them straight. I would rather do that than trust a piece of software to keep my accounts' access from being hacked. There are over 200 lines in the spread sheet...

Archived