Anyone Here See "Rogue One"?

Anderton

• Members

I realize I started a topic about the Dr. Strange movie and honest - I'm not trying to turn this into a movie review forum, However, I saw Rogue One and similarly to how I felt Dr. Strange really took advantage of the 3D technology in ways I hadn't see before. Rogue One really made the case for IMAX. If you want a cinematic experience and Rogie One is playing at a nearby IMAX, it's very cool.

Furthermore, I think Rogue One is superior in virtually every way to "The Force Awakens." It captures the spirit of the original 1977 Star Wars better than any of the later movies.

• Members

I haven't seen it yet. But while my niece and her little family were here over Christmas, I volunteered to watch her four year old so her and her hubby could take in an "Adult" film for a change.

Her review when she returned was simply..."It's Titanic, Except there are no survivors". They both loved it though. I'm a Star Wars devotee so I'm sure I will too.

• Members

Um, the big thing may just be the re-release of the original movie, "A New Hope", this year in 4K! Apparently the director of Rogue One has said it exist, and the question is if it will be released for limited showings in theaters for the 40th anniversary of the movie this summer.

Read more here: http://4k.com/news/is-a-4k-theatrical-restoration-of-the-true-original-star-wars-coming-in-2017-18040/

Archived