I like the Vintage Guitar sound in Intro ..

Luke17

• Members

Anyone remember these guys from back in 2005?

Kind of 50's, but a taste of Brit Invasion.

The following guitar solo is a tribute/Steal of Dave Davies solos on 'All Day and all of the Night' and 'You Really Got Me', albeit the guitarist is playing a nice old Fender Jazzmaster through a Twin, I think,

and Dave Davies used his '62 Harmony Meteor for 'You Really Got Me'

thought I would share.

• Members

A great link, and insightful analysis of the song in general Luke17. The only thing "Surfy" I hear in it is a whole lotta reverb however...A definite English, ProtoPunk vibe to the piece. Love the Fender 'J" Series and the Gretsch in there. Drummer has a sorta weird setup as well...

• Members
Wow! Surf music redux!!

They are a duo from Denmark...blurb describes their music as 'Indie, noise pop, garage rock, Surf Rock..'

I didn't really pick up on the 'Surf' vibe other then the reverb..like Alamo Joe mentioned,

but if THEY ( the Duo) catalog their music as 'Surf' and You, Craig, picked up the Surf inference, I

gotta go with the experts. :-)

• Members

It's the guitar tone and playing style...pure surf :) Remember I was alive then so I know the genre well. Even opened for the Ventures in high school. Oh..."who were the Ventures?" Never mind...

On the subject of surf, my partner in crime Brian Hardgroove put together a surf band in New Mexico - calls it "Surf by Soutnwest." I thought it was going to be a sort of joke but he sent me some mixes to master, and it was kinda mind-boggling...it had some serious power to it. I'd compare the sound/attitude more to early Police, but still in a surf framework. It was really powerful, which is something I rarely associated with surf music.

• Members

I know the of the Ventures..I also know of Mandrake Memorial and the tall guy in the band with the 'flood' pants who played the Rickenbacker. :-)

I never saw you guys play but did see Edison Electric and some other of your contemporaries in the area.

We opened for 'The Critters'. remember them? Chris Darway went on to Johnnys Dance Band..were you still in the Philly area when they were popular?

There is a guy that posts, or used to post here..can''t remember his name..'Leites' maybe?

He plays some good Surf music if I remember correctly.. He is originally from the Bucks County Pa.area..not far from me.

Early Police?... some of my most favorite music..hooked in a surf framework..

jezzusss...now that sounds intriquing.

love to hear that.

• Members
We opened for 'The Critters'. remember them? Chris Darway went on to Johnnys Dance Band..were you still in the Philly area when they were popular?

I think I was already in NYC by then doing session work...

There is a guy that posts, or used to post here..can''t remember his name..'Leites' maybe?

Yes, Jeff Leites. Cool guy and still posts here. Having said the magic word "surf," he may show up soon.

Early Police?... some of my most favorite music..hooked in a surf framework..

jezzusss...now that sounds intriquing.

love to hear that.

You probably will, I know it got some radio play locally. Maybe he'll let me post it on craiganderton.com.

Archived