Help Out a Fellow Musician? (Weather Report Drummer Alphonse Mouzon)

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Amazing drummer Alphonse Mouzon (Weather Report, Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, Wayne Shorter, Les McCann) has a very rare form of cancer and could use our help. Help out a fellow musician with any sort of donation. Having talked with him for a couple of hours and interacted with him for a while, he also seems like a total class act and a great guy. Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/AlphonseMouzon

0997-alphonse-mouzon-ken-lee-in-airport-alphonse-mouzon-ken-lee-airport-1200px.jpg

• Members

He is an amazing drummer who has played with many luminaries, an extremely talented guy and super nice. I met him, not knowing who he was, on an airplane. We were both standing up to avoid the cattle cars that one gets in economy. We just started talking, mostly about traveling, cool places to visit, and music. I only realized he was Alphonse Mouzon after maybe two hours of talking to him. I like the guy a lot, and we've been Facebook friends for a while and have interacted that way as well, so he also knows me as a photographer as well now. And, well, if we can save his life by donating or spreading the word about this to other music forums or on Facebook or whatever, it would be great.

He has been writing this, and I think it's on his GoFundMe page as well.

" PLEASE HELP SAVE LEGENDARY JAZZ-ROCK FUNK-FUSION DRUMMER ALPHONSE MOUZON”S LIFE!!!

On September 7, 2016, I was diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Neuroendocrine Carcinoma, an incredibly rare cancer. On October 10, 2016, I went to Kaiser Permanente for a scheduled appointment with my Oncologist - but I was immediately admitted into the hospital because my lab test results revealed that my kidneys were failing. I was told by my Nephrologist that if I went back home, I would die. I was hospitalized for 13 days straight and was finally released from Kaiser Permanente on October 23, 2016. While I was hospitalized, my surgeons tried to place stents in my left and right kidneys but were unsuccessful because of size of my malignant pelvis mass. They instead performed a nephrostomy on my left kidney on October 11th and on my right kidney on October 18th. I currently have catheters coming out of my back to drain the urine from my kidneys into two external bags. On top of this, I was told that I suffer from Anemia (you couldn’t tell from my drumming), borderline diabetes, and that my 2006 Prostate Cancer has returned. Well, I’ve known about the prostate cancer since March because my PSA rose up to 63. I’ve been taking injections every three months to bring down my PSA level, and luckily it has gone down to 6. As for my Neuroendocrine Carcinoma cancer, my Oncologist and Nephrologist aren’t giving me a chance to survive, but my faith in God is strong and I know that anything is possible through Him! My kidneys are too weak for the doctors to perform chemotherapy, but I know that through God’s grace, I will beat my rare cancer and I will soon beat my drums again. The renown C.H.I.P.S.A. Gerson Therapy Hospital in Mexico specializes in natural cancer treatments and boasts a 95% cancer treatment successful rate, but I must raise enough money ($48,000) for these natural treatments in Mexico and 3 months of take-home yreatments. With the financial support of strangers, fans, family and friends, I know that I can overcome this battle. I want to be around for my beautiful children, grandchildren, family, friends and fans! I’ve started a GoFundMe campaign at to raise money for my rare Neuroendocrine Carcinoma cancer treatments. Please keep me alive by donating as much as you can to my GoFundMe campaign. https://www.gofundme.com/AlphonseMouzon No amount is too big or too small, and your prayers are greatly appreciated. Thanks a Million for your support.

From Alphonse Mouzon's website"

• Members

Cool. Alphonse really seems like a great guy, and he's a talented drummer and, for that matter, multi-instrumentalist. Seems to play almost everything well.

He is closing in fast on his goal of $48k, which is great. But not quite there yet. Any contributions are helpful, no matter how small.

Also, if you can't contribute, consider sharing this link on other forums:

• 1 month later...

Archived