So it's come to this...

1001gear

• Members

It was on the jukebox. I hummed along. It's some kind of rock ballad. Elton Johnish but not. It goes on for 3 or 4 minutes building to this two note na na na na na (in dotted quarters I think) outro chorus. I forgot to get the title. :freak:

It's not Roxette, Beatles, Journey, Hey Hey Goodbye, or anything new.

Help.

• Members

Funny you should ask. It's a tune where the outro seems to be the hook. At least to me. It goes na, na, na, na, naaah .... na, na, na, na, naaah.... Dotted quarters in 4/4 FWIW. Over an F bass for instance the notes would be g, a, g, a, g.... then C bass, same melody. Google has maybe 40 diffferent answers for the na na na lyric; none of 'em that tune. That includes cached forum queries regarding what must be the same song.

Maybe this?

[video=youtube;egG7fiE89IU]

Or maybe this?

[video=youtube;IoyvvEWHodk]

Probably not either one based on your description, but I'm trying to think of all the non-Journey, non-Beatles, non-Roxette, etc. "na na na" songs I can...

Maybe it is one of the songs on this list?

http://mashable.com/2014/08/18/la-la-la-music-monday-who-even-needs-words/#0dWY.4uDsZq6

• Members

So this is why he's called "Kurdy Holmes," the supersleuth of lost tracks. As always, we are honored by your presence! Say hi to Doctor Watson for me.

P.S. Your violin should be out of the shop in a day or two, they want to look at the bow as well.

Archived