**Please** tell me this is a joke...please...

Anderton

• Members

There a : missing in the link after http and it takes you to an ad on Craigslist.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/muc/5672271505.html

And while I really don't know, I laughed really hard at this. Something about the Newmans and the Tellerfunkens together with having the guitarist in charge of mixing make me think it's an insiders joke.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

Surely the ad is intended to illustrate how the music industry expects musicians to put up with treatment that no one on the business side would ever put up with. Sadly, musicians put up with it all the time.

It's the lottery mentality of the business I guess. Being mistreated is what you pay for your lottery ticket to possible yet fantastically improbable riches and fame.

nat whilk ii

• Members

i think they are dead serious, the opposite side of the table has such offers all the time, why shouldn't musicians not make them aswell? :D

its quite the same the offer from restaurants and bars make, to let bands play for free to get their name out, where some responded with letters to restaurants, they should offer catering service for their party, wedding etc you name, so the restaurant can spread their name out...

i'm still not sure if the restaurants and bars got the messages, cause the playing for free offer still come up very frequently :D

I'm guessing no one has the prerequisite Newman and Tellerfunker mics.

I've put a ELA M251E in front of more than one person who looked at it (and me) askance and called me on it for the mic not being a "newman."

I wish I could say I'm joking, but I'm not.

• Members

"I am a better mixer/engineer after a half a dozen double whiskey sours and some meth so... let's have a good time and see what happens!!"

:lol:

You wrote that response? I loved it! :lol::philthumb:

Not I, unfortunatelyt! I just saw a link somebody on a different forum had posted to the response and thought y'all might get a kick out of it.

Archived