File under "was not expecting that"

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

After bounding onto Wikipedia for more info, turns out the original was released in 1968.

From Wiki:

In the 1960s, Pesci began working as a barber, following in his mother's footsteps. At the same time, he tried to start a musical career, playing guitar with several bands, including Joey Dee and the Starliters. (The position of guitarist in that band was taken several years later by Jimi Hendrix.) Originally, he went by the original spelling of his name, Peski, but changed it due to ridicule from peers.[5] In 1968, he released the album Little Joe Sure Can Sing! (billed as Joe Ritchie), on which he sang covers of contemporary pop hits.

It's got 1968 spilled all over it, from the strings to the mix. Interesting listen, though. It made me look up Joe Pesci in Wikipedia and that's something I didn't anticipate doing when I got up this morning.

• Members
After bounding onto Wikipedia for more info, turns out the original was released in 1968.

From Wiki:

In the 1960s, Pesci began working as a barber, following in his mother's footsteps. At the same time, he tried to start a musical career, playing guitar with several bands, including Joey Dee and the Starliters. (The position of guitarist in that band was taken several years later by Jimi Hendrix.) Originally, he went by the original spelling of his name, Peski, but changed it due to ridicule from peers.[5] In 1968, he released the album Little Joe Sure Can Sing! (billed as Joe Ritchie), on which he sang covers of contemporary pop hits.

It's got 1968 spilled all over it, from the strings to the mix. Interesting listen, though. It made me look up Joe Pesci in Wikipedia and that's something I didn't anticipate doing when I got up this morning.

I'm thinking I've been pronouncing Mr Pesci's name wrong forever. It's a hard k sound? I'd rolled it to a ch from day 1. Pesch-ee, as it were.

• Members

I think he changed it to 'Peshie' because of ridicule over it sounding like 'Pesky'. His birth name sounded like 'Pesky'.

I got a kick out of reading of some of the venues he played - all local places were we've played over the years.

*gets shine box*

Archived