The Holy Grail Guitar Show 2015 - read my report from Berlin

Mats Nermark

• Members

great report Mats, thanks for sharing

the Holy Grail Guitar Show has somehow managed to become one of the most outstanding showcases for luthiers/boutique guitar builders to showcase their work. I heard that this year, they had to turn down a lot of participants, so there is still portential for growth.

small remark, in your report Pages 2 to 5 has "Holy Grail Guitar Show 2014" in the main title, that should be 2015

Less well known and a little smaller and also more directed to the italian luthier/builders, there's a similar event, the Custom Shop Milano show, it was a success and they will do another one next year

• Members
great report Mats, thanks for sharing

the Holy Grail Guitar Show has somehow managed to become one of the most outstanding showcases for luthiers/boutique guitar builders to showcase their work. I heard that this year, they had to turn down a lot of participants, so there is still portential for growth.

small remark, in your report Pages 2 to 5 has "Holy Grail Guitar Show 2014" in the main title, that should be 2015

Less well known and a little smaller and also more directed to the italian luthier/builders, there's a similar event, the Custom Shop Milano show, it was a success and they will do another one next year

Hi,

​I think the word "somehow" really is all about putting in the hours and dedication for it to happen, because it didn't happen by itself. I have followed the creation and the build up of the HGGS and the core group has been working very hard to get it where it is.

And thanks for making me aware of this very embarrassing mistake. It is now corrected. I hate making "simple" mistakes like this.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members
... and a nice way with your words to convey how you felt when taking the pictures.

Hi Mike,

You have no idea how much I appreciate that comment. English is not my native language so I try my best to convey my feelings through foreign text.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

I only speak English fluently but was born in Germany (left age 5) and learnt French in school. I know how I struggled with other languages to the point where I don't even try any longer. So I appreciate the difficulty when trying to communicate in a different language to your native tongue.

i could tell from some of your expressions that English wasn't you first language but still you conveyed what you felt and that's to be applauded. Thanks again for your efforts.

• Members

If nothing else, this report sets a new standard for the term "eye candy."

English is not my native language so I try my best to convey my feelings through foreign text.

Hey, just because you speak English better than a lot of Americans, there's no need to rub it in :)

Looking forward to the Hall E crawl at NAMM! I think we should work your taking some photographs into it. Like you could judge the "photo op quotient" of various products and I can take a video of you taking photos :)

Archived