Slightly OT - Horse eats cat

Mark L

• Members
Nowadays with all the ISIS beheadings' date=' stonings and tortures published online, I fully expected to see something truly ghastly and stomach-churning here, too. Nothing in the Halloween repertoire scares me anymore-- real reality that humans do is infinitely scarier.[/quote']

That's part of the reason I gave this thread a serious title and description. I wanted to see if anyone had a go at me before actually watching the video

Human nature interests me, Ras ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I got "Video Unavailable".

I do know that most animals on the planet are omnivores. Deer eat carrion and one was even found munching on a lost and deceased human camper not to long ago. Chickens love to eat bugs. Most animals are simply opportunists.

Nobody gets out of here alive (sadly). Everything born is doomed to either a grave or somebody's lunch.

I eat meat, and when young I caught and ate a lot of fish. I felt a little sad for the live shrimp I put on the hook, or the fish suffocating in the boat or on the dock, but it's just the way it is.

When I go, I'd like to be buried at sea so that the crabs and other scavengers can make a meal out of my discarded body. Which comes to one way to look at the meaning of life --- somebody else's lunch. Whether it's a crab or bacterium, the only way out of that is cremation, and that's an air polluter.

Notes

• Members
It was a joke - IIRC it was sock puppets' date=' not real animals. [/quote']

As I recall, it was sock puppets, or was it sick puppies?

It was some time ago.

I wonder how dear Mark is faring these days?

oh, and look at my Avatar...I got a new Fender Jazz Bass with Pau Ferro fingerboard for my birthday.

My new band, The Sock Puppets is opening for The Meat Puppets.

I won 347 dollars in the NJ Lottery Pick 3 on Friday.

I had Chicken Wings on the grill and potato salad for dinner last night and drank 2 IPAs

But, that's enough about me...let's talk some more about me.

As I recall, it was sock puppets, or was it sick puppies?

It was some time ago.

I wonder how dear Mark is faring these days?

He pops in from time to time - I hope he's well too.

oh, and look at my Avatar...I got a new Fender Jazz Bass with Pau Ferro fingerboard for my birthday.

HNBD! Very nice! :cool2: How do you like it?

My new band, The Sock Puppets is opening for The Meat Puppets.

I used to be in a band called Puppet Show. Spinal Tap once opened for us... ;)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"maxresdefault.jpg","data-attachmentid":32273551}[/ATTACH]

I won 347 dollars in the NJ Lottery Pick 3 on Friday.

I had Chicken Wings on the grill and potato salad for dinner last night and drank 2 IPAs

But, that's enough about me...let's talk some more about me.

Okay, enough about you - let's talk more about you instead. What else would you like to know? :lol:

• Members

Very cool, Phil...Spinal Tap opening for you and your band? I'm wondering if Nigel started with a song in D Minor, you know, 'the saddest of all keys'. ☹️

wondering what type of music you and Puppet Show played...were you a guitarist in the band? Did you do any vocals?

I love the Jazz Bass, particularly like the fingerboard.

When it arrived from Musicians Friend, I checked it over very carefully, let it sit over night, played it for about two hours in the morning, then took it to the Guitar guy I use and he did a nice set up for me.

Plays like 'Buttah' now.👍

I think I am still a member Mark's forum 'The Asylum'... there was about 5 of us posting ( not counting Roger Waters, Cook, Nurse De Sade etc.) 'til about mid Feb. 2018, then it got quiet over there.

Haven't checked for awhile, maybe it is active again.

Archived