Top Recording Studio Closes - 66 Pro Microphones for Sale !!! - (Vancouver)

techristian

Thanks Dan.

I'm not sure I agree with some of their prices. I think I'd rather have a new U47 FET than take a chance on a used one for $5k. The longbody U47 does look nice, but again, there's no way I'm dropping fifteen grand on a mic you can't find tubes for anymore. I've felt that way for years, and despite having some very expensive mics like 251's, I've never purchased a U47 for that reason.

The prices on the less "high end" microphones seem more reasonable than the rarer stuff, which is priced closer to "retail" IMO. If I'm going to pay that, I expect the mics to have been gone through and inspected / evaluated / rated / serviced.

• Members

Thanks for posting a link to this, I'm sure these prices are negotiable. might be a trustee handling the sale in which case they're just trying to get the best prices they can and you take a huge risk if you don't ask a higher price than you're really willing to take. everybody wants a deal. how else to explain the shure sm prices. i know that ain't 10% less than ebay going rate..

of course these prices are a prime example of the phrase i use as my signature. if someone is willing to pay 15k for a microphone then

• Members

My most expensive microphone has been $100 10 years ago, but I thought that perhaps a few high end studios might like the link. I'm too rough with my mics to pay 5k for one. The first time I drop it ...5k gone. The more sensitive the mic the more fragile. THAT HAIR THIN WIRE.

DAN

Archived