'Mark Does God' Album Out Now!

Mark L

• Members

That's right, folks. The following ten songs constitute my un-holy (and innumerate) trinity of 'religious' tunes

Simply download the songs (for free, obviously - no one buys songs anymore) and you will have what used to be called an album, but is now called several tracks that have been downloaded for free. It really is that simple. And you're welcome smile.png

Holy Mother

Hypernatural

You Are Here

In Paradise

The Beauty Of Creation

You Promised

The Life Of Me

Magic Spell

To Think

Take Me Home

• Members
That's right, folks. The following ten songs constitute my un-holy (and innumerate) trinity of 'religious' tunes

Simply download the songs (for free, obviously - no one buys songs anymore) and you will have what used to be called an album, but is now called several tracks that have been downloaded for free. It really is that simple. And you're welcome :)

Holy Mother!

Hypernatural

You Are Here

In Paradise

The Beauty Of Creation

You Promised

The Life Of Me

Magic Spell

To Think

Take Me Home

Just played your songs backwards…. for full affect!

• Members

And of course, no "Mark Does God" collection is truly complete without the special, overproduced remix of Magic Spell!

Come to think of it, a cool project would be SSS producing a The Songs of Mark L compilation with his songs done by anyone except Mark. Ernest and I have already done our contributions, so we're partway there. C'mon, everyone here likes his songs, so pick one and do it. Just because you think you can't do it as well is no reason not to. Hey, it didn't stop me!

The other good news is you can do cover versions of Mark's songs and not only does he not sue you, he actually enjoys it.

[video=youtube;cO5Y7p_9yJg]

Magic Spell - the Remix

• Members
I'm loving "Holy Mother!" Kind of like XTC crossed with Spiders from Mars.

Great stuff. Once again, you have maybe the best rock voice of anyone I know personally, 3DW or online. You always sound like you're on the radio. wink.png

I appreciate that, mate. Thanks smile.png

Here's an el-cheapo video I put together to accompany the song

[video=youtube;M5MLajbjWN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5MLajbjWN0

• Members
And of course' date=' no "Mark Does God" collection is [i']truly [/i]complete without the special, overproduced remix of Magic Spell!

Come to think of it, a cool project would be SSS producing a The Songs of Mark L compilation with his songs done by anyone except Mark. Ernest and I have already done our contributions, so we're partway there. C'mon, everyone here likes his songs, so pick one and do it. Just because you think you can't do it as well is no reason not to. Hey, it didn't stop me!

The other good news is you can do cover versions of Mark's songs and not only does he not sue you, he actually enjoys it.

Magic Spell - the Remix

I love listening to your and Ernest's versions of my songs, and it would be quite amazing to have a 'Songs of Mark L' compilation, done by the uber-talented folk on here. I'd die a happy man :)

• Members
And of course' date=' no "Mark Does God" collection is [i']truly [/i]complete without the special, overproduced remix of Magic Spell!

Magic Spell - the Remix

This is not your typical dance mural. Very pretty besides. If it wasn't free I'd buy a copy.

• Members

Love that bridge on Holy Mother! where the vocal harmonies layer on in classic 60s mode - very very nice.

The vocals are standout in the song, as Blue mentioned. Your vocals sound more confident to me, which is the key to good vocals. Of course you may not feel more confident, but that's beside the point smiley-happy

I'm on to the other songs just now - I'll feedback when appropriate...

nat whilk ii

• Members
Love that bridge on Holy Mother! where the vocal harmonies layer on in classic 60s mode - very very nice.

The vocals are standout in the song, as Blue mentioned. Your vocals sound more confident to me, which is the key to good vocals. Of course you may not feel more confident, but that's beside the point smiley-happy

I'm on to the other songs just now - I'll feedback when appropriate...

nat whilk ii

Thanks, nat :)

• Members

Very kind of you, Sir smile.png

Most of that is Craig's work. I just wrote it and sang on it

Oh, that's all? smile.png Jeez, what a slacker. We all know everyone just listens to songs because they like particular mic preamps. Songwriting and singing...such a minor part of what makes a song appealing :)

• Members

Oh, that's all? smile.png Jeez, what a slacker. We all know everyone just listens to songs because they like particular mic preamps. Songwriting and singing...such a minor part of what makes a song appealing :)

Ha! You know what I mean. I just sent you the instrumental track and the vocals, and you worked long and hard to produce that amazing soundscape

If I could use an English food analogy: my version is an individual chip (French fry) on a plate, whereas yours is a full serving of fish, chips and peas, complete with kiss-me-quick hat at the Blackpool Illuminations! (Google it) ;)

• Members

I've listened to all the tracks - yeah, the Soundcloud track definitely has a better sound quality.

After Holy Mother! I've found You Promised as the next most memorable one. The lyrical trick of starting line with a Biblical phrase and ending with a personal twist/complaint is a great little technique.

Actually the overall flow and drive of You Promised I think I rate over Holy Mother! - but the hook in Holy Mother! is hard to beat.

The little bridge in You Promised maybe you could run through twice and add some more instrumental color to fill it out a tad -

I'm listening on lo-fi speakers, and it's an old-fashioned good song on the radio experience, no question, all the tunes.

nat whilk ii

• Members

Thanks again, nat :)

I'm afraid You Promised will have to stay as it is. I recorded that one on my trusty Zoom 16-track, which has a 40 GB hard-drive. When the hard-drive starts to get full I tend to format it to make room for new songs :0

Archived