No announcement yet.

'Mark Does God' Album Out Now!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mark Does God' Album Out Now!

That's right, folks. The following ten songs constitute my un-holy (and innumerate) trinity of 'religious' tunes

Simply download the songs (for free, obviously - no one buys songs anymore) and you will have what used to be called an album, but is now called several tracks that have been downloaded for free. It really is that simple. And you're welcome

Holy Mother

Hypernatural

You Are Here

In Paradise

The Beauty Of Creation

You Promised

The Life Of Me

Magic Spell

To Think

Take Me Home
    Last edited by Mark L; 10-04-2015, 02:03 AM. Reason: Soundclick version of Holy Mother! replaced with Soundcloud version - better sound quality
    my tunes

I'm loving "Holy Mother!" Kind of like XTC crossed with Spiders from Mars.

Great stuff. Once again, you have maybe the best rock voice of anyone I know personally, 3DW or online. You always sound like you're on the radio.
    Last edited by blue2blue; 10-03-2015, 04:44 PM.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Originally posted by MarkydeSad View Post
      That's right, folks. The following ten songs constitute my un-holy (and innumerate) trinity of 'religious' tunes

Simply download the songs (for free, obviously - no one buys songs anymore) and you will have what used to be called an album, but is now called several tracks that have been downloaded for free. It really is that simple. And you're welcome

Holy Mother!

Hypernatural

You Are Here

In Paradise

The Beauty Of Creation

You Promised

The Life Of Me

Magic Spell

To Think

Take Me Home
      Just played your songs backwards…. for full affect!

Comment

you will have what used to be called an album, but is now called several tracks that have been downloaded for free.
        Tweetworthy!

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!

Comment

And of course, no "Mark Does God" collection is truly complete without the special, overproduced remix of Magic Spell!

Come to think of it, a cool project would be SSS producing a The Songs of Mark L compilation with his songs done by anyone except Mark. Ernest and I have already done our contributions, so we're partway there. C'mon, everyone here likes his songs, so pick one and do it. Just because you think you can't do it as well is no reason not to. Hey, it didn't stop me!

The other good news is you can do cover versions of Mark's songs and not only does he not sue you, he actually enjoys it.

Magic Spell - the Remix

Last edited by Anderton; 10-03-2015, 10:38 PM.
          The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by blue2blue View Post
            I'm loving "Holy Mother!" Kind of like XTC crossed with Spiders from Mars.

Great stuff. Once again, you have maybe the best rock voice of anyone I know personally, 3DW or online. You always sound like you're on the radio.
            I appreciate that, mate. Thanks

Here's an el-cheapo video I put together to accompany the song

Last edited by Mark L; 10-04-2015, 02:22 AM. Reason: Video added
            my tunes

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Buckley View Post

Just played your songs backwards…. for full affect!
              Hilarious!
              my tunes

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post
                And of course, no "Mark Does God" collection is truly complete without the special, overproduced remix of Magic Spell!

Come to think of it, a cool project would be SSS producing a The Songs of Mark L compilation with his songs done by anyone except Mark. Ernest and I have already done our contributions, so we're partway there. C'mon, everyone here likes his songs, so pick one and do it. Just because you think you can't do it as well is no reason not to. Hey, it didn't stop me!

The other good news is you can do cover versions of Mark's songs and not only does he not sue you, he actually enjoys it.

Magic Spell - the Remix
                I love listening to your and Ernest's versions of my songs, and it would be quite amazing to have a 'Songs of Mark L' compilation, done by the uber-talented folk on here. I'd die a happy man
                my tunes

Comment

Originally posted by Anderton View Post

Magic Spell - the Remix
                  This is not your typical dance mural. Very pretty besides. If it wasn't free I'd buy a copy.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by 1001gear View Post

This is not your typical dance mural. Very pretty besides. If it wasn't free I'd buy a copy.
                    Very kind of you, Sir

Most of that is Craig's work. I just wrote it and sang on it
                    my tunes

Comment

Love that bridge on Holy Mother! where the vocal harmonies layer on in classic 60s mode - very very nice.

The vocals are standout in the song, as Blue mentioned. Your vocals sound more confident to me, which is the key to good vocals. Of course you may not feel more confident, but that's beside the point

I'm on to the other songs just now - I'll feedback when appropriate...

nat whilk ii

Comment

I like 'Hypernatural' - - good rock/postpunk groove.

Comment

Originally posted by nat whilk II View Post
                          Love that bridge on Holy Mother! where the vocal harmonies layer on in classic 60s mode - very very nice.

The vocals are standout in the song, as Blue mentioned. Your vocals sound more confident to me, which is the key to good vocals. Of course you may not feel more confident, but that's beside the point

I'm on to the other songs just now - I'll feedback when appropriate...

nat whilk ii
                          Thanks, nat
                          my tunes

Comment

Originally posted by philboking View Post
                            I like 'Hypernatural' - - good rock/postpunk groove.
                            Thanks, philbo
                            my tunes

Comment

Very kind of you, Sir

Most of that is Craig's work. I just wrote it and sang on it
                              Oh, that's all? Jeez, what a slacker. We all know everyone just listens to songs because they like particular mic preamps. Songwriting and singing...such a minor part of what makes a song appealing
                              Last edited by Anderton; 10-07-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X